IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, December 5, 2011

It's coolin' off...

Well that was fun. Judge Nelson had three cases on the docket and had called in enough folks to sit three juries. It was quite a crowd. One case was dropped by the prosecution and the other two were no shows due to a timing mixup. They were rescheduled for January and me (and most of our neighbors) being the civic minded citizens that we are volunteered to show up again in January. I know I don't have to go in to that whole, boring civics class lecture that put you to sleep in the eighth grade but it is what makes our system work. We the People. God I love those words. It just gives me goose bumps. Speaking of we the people, I hope we have that good a turn out at tomorrows Council meeting. Rumor has it you won't be bored. I know some of the shine is gone and it seems like it may be the same ol' , same ol' but don't loose your steam. Don't forget why you came to that first ever meeting five months ago. Remember why you moved here in the first place. If you loose interest you will loose a lot more. Put on your woolies and save me a seat. I'll be the one with the ....... Red Solo Cup..... I fill you up.....Fun song, we should adopt it as our Island Anthem. Somebody call the nice kid from the Chronicle. Jim, my pink salt didn't come in the mail today. I'll get a tracking number at work tomorrow. Later.
PS any of you artsy craftsy folks out there play with ceramic tile? I'm carrying a whole stack out to the curb right now. just sayin'

9 comments:

Roselyn said...

The new blonde police woman gave her notice to quit today. Do we need to have an investigation to see if it was Tina's fault? If so, I think we should limit it this time to $40,000.

Craig said...

We don't need an investigation, we all know its Tinas fault. From now on we will just blame everything on Tina so we can save time and money. Your tough Tina I k now you can take it. But seriously why did she quit? I cannon make it to the meeting tomorrow can someone ask the three stooges what happened.

Craig

Adelia said...

Tips from the north and why we live in the south:
If a deer jumps in front of your car brake DONT swerve.
If your car is iced over your breakfast plate will slide right off and land in dirty snow
If a bridge is iced over you will have NO traction till you reach the other side
If you see a swing set with no swings it will likely have a dead deer or bear hanging from it tomorrow
If your car key lock is frozen over heat your key with your lighter and melt your way in
I wanna go home with the armadillos!! See you guys next week

Adelia said...

I am really sad to see one of our officers quit although I can imagine this may not seem like a good place to work. I sure wish we could let them know how welcome they are here and recreate the environment where "our" cops were our friends. All - please don't hesitate to let our others know. I am sure there are many other reasons to quit including more money, less drive and better hours but I would hope we don't make them feel unwelcome or unappreciated

soleil_amour said...

The story I hear is that the officer was only part time & the city said it was either full time going forward or no job. Her husband objected to full time so she had to quit. BTW, when ya'll see soleil_amour it's me, Eileen Ponton.....

Adelia said...

You go lover of sun!!

Crystal Rose said...

Adelia, the British males must be far less civilised or we have less smokers with no lighters! They usually pee on the car lock.....

Scott said...

Everyone needs to remember to show up with big plastic Solo cups tonight.

Adelia said...

Yes - fill up your red solo cup and start the party. All of us should take our Ginger Ale, Apple Juice, and Diet Coke to the meeting. It will really be helpful if your mouth gets too dry trying to down the BS. I know there are some things said there that I find hard to swallow!!