IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

It's a beautiful Tuesday!

I hope everyone had as Merry a Christmas as I did. As a matter of fact I’m still having a Merry Christmas. Don’t know if I can milk it for 9 more days but I’ll let you know. Next up New Years! Can you believe it’s almost 2012? Ready for the next apocalypse? I think the Mayan dude that was carving the calendar just got tired. Probably went something like “ so what I’ll be dead in 2,000 years anyway and my right hand in numb, I’m done with the chisel, you want to go past 2012 knock your lights out” or two official calendar makers talking “ hey lets stop on this date, that’ll scare the crap out of ‘em..”

Don’t pitch that tree! If your yuletide centerpiece is starting to drop needles all over the house it’s could be time to pass it along. Don’t just kick it to the curb, here are a few options for your natural Christmas tree.

a) Rent a mulcher from United Rentals on Main Street in L.C.

b) Ellington recycle drop off site at Brantley Road and Hwy 3.

c) League City's recycling center, 1535 Dickinson Ave., is accepting live evergreens 24/7 in a designated large red container. The center will take Christmas trees until Jan. 31.

Randall’s at South Shore took them last year but I just got off the phone with them and they haven’t gotten the “official” word yet. I said I’d call back in a day or two so check back. I’ll post more options as I get them.

Then there’s this,

A public hearing re: Hwy 146 reconstruction “design alternative” was posted in today’s Chronicle.

Hearing is set for January 26th.

Bayside Intermediate School

4430 Village Way

League City, TX

Open House format: 5:30-6:30PM

Formal Public Hearing 6:30-7:30PM

Went for my routine checkup today
and everything seemed to be going
fine until he stuck his index fi nger
up my butt!
Do you think I should change dentists?

2 comments:

DaveC. said...

Kathy McIntyre was down at Sunset Tuesday campaigning to Val. Keep an eye on her she is a snake in the grass.

Adelia said...

Cheetah, a chimpanzee said to have performed in the "Tarzan" films of the 1930s, has died at the age of 80, according to the Florida sanctuary where he lived.The average life span of a wild chimpanzee is around 45 years. Several chimpanzees were used in the filming of the "Tarzan" movies and subsequent films, during a period when the primates were widely used in Hollywood and often mistreated. The Florida chimpanzee -- which reportedly arrived at the sanctuary in 1960 -- loved finger-painting and watching football. Ron Priest, a sanctuary volunteer, told the Tribune that Cheetah stood out because he could walk upright with a straight back like a human, and was distinguished by other talents. "When he didn't like somebody or something that was going on, he would pick up some poop and throw it at them. He could get you at 30 feet with bars in between," Priest said.
Chettah would have fit right in.
Apparantly spunky does make you live longer.