IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, December 22, 2011

131


I can’t tell you how glad I am to be back on our island. We went to a ski resort. Snow ski’s. Copper Mountain Co. to be more precise. If you’ve known me for more than a week or two you’ve heard me say “if it’s below 32 degrees it belongs in a cocktail glass swimming in Scotch” To say I am not a cold weather fan is a bit of an understatement. Anything less than 50 degrees and I start getting twitchy. I understand that if your goal is to have gravity drag your ass down a mountain on sticks dodging rocks, trees and other humans you want it to be cold so as to provide snow. I get it. I even tried it once on a huge pile of dirt in southern France. That’s why there is no doubt in my mind it does not fall under my definition of fun. I also know how to dress for the cold. I might look like the Michelin Man in blue but frankly, I don’t care. My biggest problem was the lack of oxygen. I guess I could breathe just fine if only there was something to breathe because when we got down to Denver I was downright peachy. Not my cup of tea. MJ and Wyatt had fun so it was worth it. This is more my style..


Time to get caught up on a few things. First up, I am sorry I missed the Caroling Carters. It is most definitely one of the finest events in Galveston County. Thanks to the Caldwell’s for providing us with such a great time all these years. How many years you ask? Not a clue. Bev? Walter? Anybody? I’d love to have a picture or two for the blog.

And thanks to the KVFD for giving Santa a lift Tuesday. Sorry I missed him too!

I could be wrong but there seems to be some clean up action going on over on Aspen. About time. I understand enough people got fed up enough with the trash pile and demanded action and are seeing some action. I think that’s how a government is supposed to work isn’t it? I also learned that you cannot have a boat in the water that does not have current and proper state registration. So no floating derelicts’. I like that idea. Not sure where the residents are getting their information but my son asked me last week why I didn’t like his pals’ dad. He asked why I was making John’s dad get rid of all his stuff. I asked him where he got his information and he said from his schoolmate John. Still unable to make the leap I sat my son down and told him the truth. I really hope it trickles back to the source. I honestly don’t give a shit what some people think about me but I don’t want John to think I’m a meanie because some asshat is filling an eleven year olds head with bullshit.

Here’s a HEADS UP to all you Cruzan fans. This is from neighbor Pamela the Z.
“Here is the reply I got from Jim Detmore, liquor buyer for Spec’s. You might want to post it on the blog. Also, DeeDee Thomas has a St. Croix Island Senator looking into it, too. Hopefully, we can get Beam to reconsider.
Hi Pamela,
We are NOT discontinuing Cruzan Rum Cream. Beam is the national importer and
they are not bringing it into US anymore. We bought all they had and we are
running out in all of our stores. If you would like to call our local Beam
Rep. to voice your displeasure, his phone number is 281-415-7570. Trust me,
I already have.
We still have some stores showing inventory. If you would tell me which side
of town you live on, chances are good we will have a store close by that has
some left.
Thanks for being our customer,

This from City Administrator Shelley just in time for Christmas,
“I will be hosting a class to obtain your Texas Concealed Handgun License this Saturday, December 17th 2011 from 800am to about 630pm at The Arms Room in League City Texas.
All you need is your UNLOADED handgun, drivers license and ammunition (we have gun rentals and ammo for sale).
The cost of the class is 100 dollars per person and includes, classroom instruction, photos, targets and range fees.
Sign up today and start the journey toward your self defense system. My contact info and directions are below and please feel free to forward this email to your friends and family.”
Thank you,
Brian Mobley
sbmobley@gmail.com
brian@thearmsroomtx.cm
Cell 281-924-6105
Director of Firearms Training
The Arms Room
1941 Gulf Freeway South
League City Texas 77573 (next door to Petsmart)
Texas CHL Instructor 09079038

The next BIG thing is coming up at the end of January. No they didn't move New Years Eve Rob, I'm talking about The 30th Annual Chili Cook off at Craig & Raynels! Get ready for the Chili smack. And watch this space for more info.

“The wife has been missing a week now.
Police said to prepare for the worst.
So, I have been to the thrift shop
to get all of her clothes back.”

2 comments:

Rob Scherer said...

Allan, welcome back from school. Will it be possum or aardvark this year.

Craig said...

A Katy woman was convicted earlier this month of harassment for tormenting and threatening a neighbor for about year, officials said.

A jury found Elisa Merrill Wilson, 58, guilty Friday of the Class B misdemeanor following a four-day trial, according to the Fort Bend County District Attorney's Office.

Wilson was sentenced to one-year probation and was ordered to pay a $500 fine. She also must attend anger management classes, perform 100 hours of community service and undergo a psychological evaluation. She can have no contact with her victim.

She could have received up to 180 days in jail and been ordered to pay a fine up to $2,000.

Wilson is appealing the conviction, officials said.

According to prosecutors, the harassment occurred between 2009 and 2010 after the victim testified for a neighbor in the Kelliwood Terrace subdivision during a peace bond hearing.

Wilson later called the victim a prostitute and her husband a drug dealer while they were in a grocery store. On one occasion when the victim was in her yard, Wilson walked past and shouted "I'll kill you."

"For nearly a year, the complainant, as well as other neighbors, lost their ability to live in peace and in privacy due to Elisa Wilson's actions," said prosecutor Amanda Bolin. "The jury sent a clear message that this type of harassing, annoying and offensive behavior constituted a crime and that it will not be tolerated in Fort Bend County."

dale.lezon@chron.com

I guess folks in Katy have to put up with this sort of crap also.