IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday the 14th

 Yes I forgot. I'll post the City Council agenda tomorrow AM. See you there.
The coolers are all cleaned and put up. Same with the tables and EZ Ups. Last thing to do is go clean up the big pit. Anybody want to come and help? That is one cooking machine. probably the best $200 the club ever spent. We got it cleaned up on Friday and fired it up that afternoon. I stoked it again about 10 and one last time about midnight. When Jim and Bryan got up there at 3:30 it was good and hot. When I got there at 4 the charcoal was glowing and covered in turkeys. about 240 pounds worth. With the other 90lbs going into the oiless fryers at the prescribed times. The rotation, injection and triple wrapping got kicked off a little after dawn. I heard from the club treasurer it was near perfect in quantity with minimal leftovers and they served 270 plates. Sorry I couldn't stick around but we had our last soccer game of the season down in Galveston. I heard it was a great event even if a tad light turnout. Glad to hear it and I hope you got a chance to go. We got to visit with some neighbors albeit briefly out back, Even Tommy Delasandri stopped by for a few minutes. Sounds like they are really getting in to Corpus. Before I forget, I want to thank Jay for letting us use his hydraulic log splitter and chainsaw. You saved many a tired old back that day pal. I'll get it back to you this weekend. It's at my place if you need it sooner. Thanksgiving is next week. If you're travelling please be safe. Next up.. Christmas! can you believe it?!
My inbox lit up yesterday. Mostly from anon. What to do about anon.... What to do about NS... What to do about the PD.... what to do about the inuendos, the name calling, rumors, the guessing. Christ people! The only thing you should be concerned about is who you're going to vote for in 180 days. To whoever out there is afraid of the police, you need help. I'd suggest you start with Chief Cook. If you don't like his answers then you go see the City Administrator and find out what your recourse is as a citizen. Follow it. We've had enough personal investigations to last a lifetime. Unless you're a bad guy then I am glad you're afraid of our police department. That tells me they are doing their job and staying out of politics. That shit storm isn't over by a long shot. I have never heard a complaint about either of the officers you folks are bitching about concerning their professional behavior. That's a good thing. As to their personal behavior thats between them and their conscience and it's none of my damned business. Odds are it's none of yours either. If you want a more thorough background check for our city employees then get your butt elected and change it.  The police department Isn't broken. It's bent to shit but I think it can be mended. And yes I think it will require a few more personell changes and I think all the grownups knows that.
I'm not thrilled with this blog being hijacked for all this bullshit I'm reading on here. I got out of high school in 1971 but I swear to God it wasn't as petty as some of the crap you floks are wasting electrons on. If you are that bored take up a hobby. Two words constructive critisiscm. Stop with the frekin name calling already. It's old, it's unproductive, It's boring and it's starting to piss me off. I asked a few posts back what questions you would ask a potential candidate and I saw zip responses. Farther back I asked what you saw in the future for this palce and got exactly squat. If you think this blog is just a place for you to come and piss and moan think again. I'll turn anon off so we can get back to the business of getting our little paradise back on track. I see Roselyn is tossing in a few names, you go girl, but I'm not seeing these names reply. WE need to find folks who are interested first. Focus is the key and I don't see it. Pinks, Greens, Beiges, Blacks and Bug Jars? Are you shittin' me? We need two unbiased, fair and reasonable candidates. I say two because I think Councilman Sowrey is doing as good a job as any we've had. It's a given that Heckle and Jeckle have to go. But if I was so inclined and I was reading this blog I don't know what I'd think after reading some of these comments. Look for yourself. Read the last weeks worth and ask yourself if you would work for these people.........
Jim, let's talk about the guest blogger. I need a nightcap.
What do you call a fish with no eyes? A fsh

18 comments:

Michelle said...

AB (and everyone else who helped with the Thanksgiving Dinner)- thank you so much for helping prepare such a delicious meal! It was really, really, really good. What did you think of the turkey in the oil-less turkey fryer? I ask because Rob just bought one and I'm wondering if it'll taste as good as the old fashioned oil-full kind. Thanks again for everyone's hard work and dedication. I hope we can have more of those positive experiences soon.

Anonymous said...

A day will come when you eat your last banana. How will it taste? Will you enjoy it?

Roselyn said...

IN MY ALMOST 30 YEARS HERE THAT WAS THE BEST THANKSGIVING DINNER EVER TASTED.......AB, THAT SPICY TURKEY WAS JUST UNBELIEVABLE, THE DRESSING SO DELICIOUS, JANNA I LOVED YOUR CHEESECAKE. I AM SORRY NOW THAT I DID NOT OFFER TO HELP.

AB, I USED TO HATE YOU BECAUSE YOU THOUGHT THE LOUD MUSIC IN THE PARK WAS JUST RIGHT. I HAVE SUCH A NEW RESPECT FOR YOU AND WOULD BE SO HONORED IF YOU WERE MAYOR ONCE VERN DECIDES HIS REIGN IS OVER. I THINK YOU ARE SMART, BRAVE, REFLECTIVE HAVE LEADERSHIP QUALITIES, DONT REALLY HATE ANYBODY, AND ARE A GOOD COOK. ITS OBVIOUS YOU PUT YOUR FAMILY AND CITY FIRST AND I ADMIRE YOU FOR THAT. I DONT EVEN CARE ABOUT THE LOUD MUSIC NOW....I WILL PLAN MY NIGHTS IN KEMAH AT A QUIET RESTAURANT THE NIGHTS YOU WANT TO BE LOUD.

TODAY WAS BRUTAL WITH THE POSTS FLYING, AND THANK YOU FOR LETTING PEOPLE EXPRESS THEMSELVES. PD AND NS NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND THAT JUST BECAUSE A HANDFULL OF THEM WANTED THE SHELLEYS GONE DOESNT MEAN THE REST OF US WERE GOING TO LET IT HAPPEN AS EASILY AS THEY THOUGHT..WE WILL ALL GET OVER IT, BUT ITS OUR TIME TO EXPRESS OUR DISDAIN FOR THE INJUSTICE. IT WILL PASS, BUT AS TAMI AND DYLAN THOMAS WOULD SAY "DO NOT GO GENTLY INTO THE NIGHT".

SORRY TO BE SCREAMING IN ALL CAPS BUT I AM SOON TO QUIT POSTING TO THIS BLOG AND JUST WANT TO MAKE A STATEMENT THAT I WAS HERE FOR MY FRIENDS THE SHELLEYS.

Roselyn said...

Sorry for Typo, 20 years, not 30.

Adelia said...

I have to admit after yesterday I had decided never to post again. It is amazing how people feel free to say anything as long as they are typing and how hate mail can run from the blog to email when people get upset. I work away from the island a lot and will continue to keep up with happenings using the blog. I promise to continue to post positive thoughts and happenings but have promised myself to stay out of the mess. I will continue to have typos in my messages and I may occasionally be wrong about things. I will continue to watch city council and I will vote. I love this place and I will now step forward to display that here.
Thanks Alan

Anonymous said...

To anon 9:02. We get your reference and I don't understand how you think you can even compare this situation. You need to stop and think about what you're saying. If the northshore annex were in any way relevant to the third level then you could compare the two. But come on! The last banana?
you have to be kidding.

Anonymous said...

would somebody please tell me how they got assigned there anon number.
I want to be anon 222. Do I sign up for that or can I just sign my posts 222?

Adelia said...

The anon number is the time of their post. If you log on and create an name you can be anyone you want or you can remain anon and sign 222. Whatever floats your boat

Anonymous said...

thank you adelia. I didn't see that. I wanted to complain about the police department and say some mean things about councilman Jackie but I wasn't sure exactly how to sign it.

222

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but 222 is already taken.

222

Anonymous said...

See! Now that's what I was worried about!
Dangit... is anybody using 230?

Anonymous said...

I'm 230. And don't even think about using it. I post almost every day at exactly 2:30 so that I can be 230. So you're not gonna just come in here, post any old time and think you can be 230. Get over it.

230

Anonymous said...

I think ya'll are just playing with me. How the hell do you expect me to come here and rant about the cops and some other stuff I heard about they're personal lifes if every time I try to identify myself you're gonna just pretend like you already are that person?
Their ought to be a law allowing folks to use they're id's like there planning to.
bunch of loosers.

Anonymous said...

747: I here ya!

749

Anonymous said...

WHY can't a person enjoy a banana without being accused of being a hater? Bananas are like a parfait, everybody loves them. Ever had a banana parfait?? It's like the golden goose that laid an egg

Anonymous said...

Bettie said: Be Positive, be honest, find solutions, offer constructive thoughts and write about TRUTH and what is good about CLS. And of course - SIGN YOUR NAME! Loved what you said AB. You are "right on".

Anonymous said...

I don't particularly care for parfait.
Nor am I a hater.
Nor am I afraid to use my name.

Subic

Anonymous said...

sure sure we see your name! cowards!