IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, November 17, 2011

It's Thursday


Ahhhhh, that’s much better. I think the old anon button is akin to electronic Tequila. It makes people do and say things that under normal circumstance they wouldn’t dream of. We’ll let the  kids have a nap and go on about grownup business for a while. I hope you all got to read the article in the Houston Press I linked to yesterday. It was a lot of fun. Still waiting for the Chronicle guy Dean to write his bit. I hope he is as entertaining as Mr. Jansen. There are a lot of things I don’t like. It’s a fairly substantial list that I won’t go in to here. Maybe over a scotch and water at the Batchelor Pad but I don’t want to type that much. I think the only thing I can say I really hate is mosquitoes. I will go out of my way to kill them. That’s why I don’t buy repellant. I don’t want to repel them I want them to die. Which brings me back to the Houston Press article. Why would anyone make the claim that “no one hated  George Bush more than me”? Mother of God. I think that’s just sad. As sad as me falling down drunk at the last council meeting. Now that statement make’s someone on West Shore a liar. Jean.
Here’s a question to the person who keeps insisting the city bought the Okies property before Ike. Why do you insist this is so? Did someone tell you this was true and you just believe it? Have you looked it up or was it in the kool-aid? Prior to Ike the only valid offer the Medsgers’ got was from a check cashing company. They entertained it then along came Ike. I have Lloyds phone number if you'd like it. To insist this lie is anything other suggests you wish to cast light away from the current situation. This will not happen. I will not allow it. I will invite you to attempt to change my mind though. I’ve seen the tactic before though. When Bernie kept dropping inuendos impuning the Town Center folks and their intentions. Over and over and over….And Councilman Fullers insistance to anyone who would listen that the Town Center was going to bulldoze Tindel. I am not making this up. I know it sounds like it can’t possibly be true. If I hadn’t been there I’d probably be a tad  skeptical too. We have misguided people in our city that have been given our trust and allowed authority. They have abused both on many levels and I don’t think they should be invited back.
Now comes the hard part.
Is anyone paying attention to what is going on over at the Fire Department / Water Board? I suggest you look in to it. You will see a lot of similarities. Same names similar crap. But then, take a step back, a deep breath and ask yourself why……..
Once at a social gathering, Gladstone said to Disraeli, "I predict, Sir, that you will die either by hanging or of some vile disease". Disraeli replied, "That all depends, sir, upon whether I embrace your principles or your mistress.".
Jeep
(O|||||O)
The original search engine for the
Whole Wide World

29 comments:

Crystal Rose said...

Well said Craig on the comment section of the following article

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2011/11/clear_lake_shores_mixers_uh_ci.php

You all need to read it!

222 said...

yaaaaaawwwwwwnnnn, streeeeeeeeeeeeetch. Nap's over.

Whiners: If you'll look carefully at my/our posts you will see that the 'new anon' didn't take down anyone that hadn't made some ridiculous, hating, incendiary comment while hiding behind anon. Aside from the occasional light snark about spelling or grammar, but that can't be avoided.

If you want this blog to be the platform for serious social & political discourse, then I would hope that you can agree with me that those that call for lynchings and chokings and assorted dumb-assness should step away from the keyboard. They hurt your cause. Remember that about, oh let's say 5-10% of CLS residents are actively engaged in this so called battle. That leaves a huge majority shaking their heads in disbelief at the petty actions/words of both sides. If you want to your positions to be respected then act in a respectable manner. That goes for NS as well.

btw, if NS had a blog I'd be happy to give their fringe elements a verbal bitch slap too, so don't feel special.

And Craig, please don't teach anyone how to post. If they aren't smart enough to figure it out, then they aren't smart enough to post any of the 'intelligent discourse' that ya'll are after


Don't stop, beleeeeevin'!


222@1212
teemeten

SPorter said...

Allan ... great Blog. And thanx for killing 'Anon' but it appears the Wingnuts are still with us. However, the absolute BEST thing we can do is ignore them. They are probably Bug Jar Weenies trying to sow discontent ... I offer the previous suggestion to Craig regarding not teaching folks to Post. I am sure I will be attacked now ... but I just don't care.

Keep up the Heat & Light ... Bugs hate both. SP

Tom J said...

I read the Houston Press article. Am I wrong or is Kathy confused? I though it was Tammi giving out the one-finger salutes and droping F-bombs.

Paul Garner said...

Roselyn

Having email issues. Sorry do not know him.

J Doe said...

Sorry Allan -- but you are wrong -- Okie's was purchased by the city in late June /early July 2008 -- before Ike. Check the minutes for Plaza 6 corporation that are available from the City's website. June 17 2008 the purchase was authorized, July 15 they were sending out a letter for parking encroaching on the property.

Craig said...

SPorter,

You are right on both counts. Please everyone just ignore posts that don't contribute something. If NS posts and it is constructive information even if we don't agree with it, fine, but lets let the nonsense that has popped up in the last few days go by the wayside. There are two good reasons I should not teach folks to post. One, if they can't figure it out on their own and I did, they probably don't need to be commenting. Two, with my alleged help their computer would probably fry and I would get the blame.

On another note I encourage everyone one to read the Houston Press article and post a comment. It shows the pressure we are putting on NS is causeing them to resort to nearly anything and anybody who will buy their BS. I'm sure our nut job friends will post comment as well but I think everyone will see through them if we stand up for our Island in an adult fashion

Craig

Bryan said...

That is correct, but I know why there is confusion. I was on Council at the time and here is the history as I remember it today: The deal was closed sometime in July, prior to Ike. However, we agreed to let the Medsgers continue to operate it through the end of 2008 as they were not quite ready to shut it down and "retire", and we did not want an empty building sitting there.

Then came Ike. In hindsight we probably should have insured the building. The value was really in the land, but there was some value associated with the building. But there are probably a lot of folks on the Island, both current and former residents, who are wishing they had been insured prior to Ike as well.

Bryan

ab said...

Mr. Doe, my apologies, I stand corrected. Thanks Bryan for the clarification.

J Doe said...

Allan, Since you accused me of spreading a lie and not having looked it up the truth before making statements about it -- when it turns out you had not, your apology seems a little mild -- but no worries, I'm happy to accept it. As I said yesterday, it really IS old business and I'm sorry I mentioned it -- but had to correct the record to show it wasn't a lie.

Bryan said...

No problem. The truth can't be beat. If only we could get the Cavers to play by the same rules we would all be better off. Remember this "fib" from the election of 2009?: "Don't Let Them Raise Your Taxes. Vote NO to the Town Center". And folks bought it.....

SPorter said...

Has anyone thought about "Passing the Hat" to replace Vern's Cart Cover? Anyone have any idea how much they cost? It would be a HUGE statement to present him the Cover at the next CC Meeting, in appreciation for him "taking one for the Team." SP

Craig said...

Ms. Cooper,

So you think some of us are uncivilized and have no breeding on some such nonsense. What makes you so special that you can be so pampas and arrogant. Lets think who you might be referring to.

Tami comes across as an uneducated hillbilly, says aint every other word, curses and flips folks off, challenges citizens to fights from her council chair when they were doing nothing more than expressing their opinion and until we taught her how to dress appropriately she was wearing short shorts and flip flops to CC Meetings. Jackie lives in what looks like a junkyard, has been in violation of ordinances for years, has been arrested for ignoring same and has never done anything at a council meeting other than slump in his chair and smirk. Larry jumped up like he wanted to fight Sanford because he was speaking his mind while he had the floor and Bernie is on probation and faces 70 or more civil charges (the evidence is on video) for allegedly harassing his neighbor. Kathy can't figure out which way to face when addressing council....Oh wait now I see which folks you were talking about. I shouldn't have doubted your wisdom. After all you have attended two meetings over the last five months so you are clearly informed as to what is going on. Besides you have had Jean to keep you up to date with accurate information. Gosh she has actualy been to a couple of meetings as well. If I am wrong and I am one of the individuals you were referring to grow a pair and come tell me to my face. You know where I live and I would love to be immersed in your wisdom.

Craig

Paul Garner said...

Is Ms. Cooper and Mr. Doe the same?



Paul Garner
827 Cedar

SPorter said...

Paul ... check out the Houston Press Article mentioned earlie ... from it:

" 'It threatens to break out in violence. People are leaving threatening, cursing, really vicious messages on [Perkins's] voice mail and e-mail,' says 23-year CLS resident Adelyn Cooper.

'It's just not good. Nobody hated George Bush more than I did, but I would have been civil to the man to his face. There are people around here that have no breeding and they're just uncivilized.' "

Craig said...

Ms.Coopr,

I am serious. If you disagree with my opinions posted at 208 stop by and we can have an adult conversation so maybe I can see where you are coming from. I am guessing though like Jean and some of your other buddies you don't have what it takes to look a person in the face and have a civilized debate over differing opinions. If I am wrong stop by, otherwise I think you owe some folks an apology.

Craig

Sorry folks for ranting but Ms. Coopers arrogance was out of line and pissed me off.

Paul Garner said...

Yes sir read that. I was just watching Mr. Doe speak and then Craig ask Ms. Cooper a few questions. I thought they were the same. Just trying to keep up. With all of the stage names its kind of hard sometimes. Thanks for the help.

Paul Garner
827 Cedar

Craig said...

One last thing and I'm out of her for a while. OK, stop applauding. If Steve Jansen was that scraggly little twenty something in the back of the room we need to cut him some slack. Stop and remember when you were a young know it all kid and thought you had it all figured out. You probably fell prey to some folks who led you astray from time to time. We also have to realize that Jean has now resorted to the Houston Press. A magazine full of twenty somethings that mostly report on bands and parties and advertise headshops and fancy girl underware. I don't think the crowd she is reaching has much effect on us at all. I would bet we never see Steve again but if we do make sure you introduce yourself and make him welcome.

Craig

Adelia said...

Many of us know Butch and Joy who live on the island. Joy babysits my dogs when I am out of town and they are wonderful people. Butch had a stroke night before last and they are fighting a battle at St Lukes. I would ask that you all pray for a miracle for Butch and Gods love to surround and support Joy.

Unbred and Uncivilized,
Adelia

SPorter said...

Sure is quiet out there in Island Blog Land.

Craig said...

Thats because the nut jobs found something else to do I guess. Be patient, in five days we get to see what nonsense they put on the agenda and the fun will begin again. For now just help keep your eye on the bug jar..

Craig

Crystal Rose said...

Maybe we're all to inibriated to type according to the rumour! Have a good weekend, lol

LSmith said...

Adelia - can you please let me know if you hear more on Joy's husband Butch please.......they babysit our pups too!!! Lezlie

Roselyn said...

If we need something to talk about before the next council meeting, I hear that when Karen, our City Secy., was leaving work Wednesday she found nails thrown on the ground behind her car.

Adelia said...

Will do Lezlie - I think we almost lost him once. I know they did some kind of procedure to hopefully disolve a clot and that helped him move his hands but that is about all I know. I am coming home sunday but will keep you updated.

Adelia said...

Dave went by yesterday to see if they needed help with their dogs and I think that is covered.

LSmith said...

Thank you - I was just fixing to text her and ask her about that!

LSmith said...

Gosh it's nice on here without all those idiotic posts:)

222 said...

are you referring this sampling of recent idiotic posts?:

11/15@3:05PM
11/15@10:05PM
11/16@06:52AM
11/16@09:38AM
11/16@11:10AM
11/16@1:51PM

razesse