IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Ya'll.
And to all you good folks who drop in from around the web I understand this is mostly an American holiday but odds are if you're cruising the net you have something to be thankful for too. My list is too long and sadly too complicated. And I count that as a good thing. If you've known me for a while you have no doubt heard me proclaim myself one of the luckiest people I know. Not all of it has been good luck you understand but luck just the same. A wonderful dinner is now another great memory so it's cocktail time and off to do a lap. The weather is gret and the Cowboys are up by 7.

A welcome home to Mike and Beverly Emmans. I first met them a few years back when they lived on Aspen. They moved away but couldn't stay gone and bought Tim and Junes old place on Pine. Gld you're back.

Alan Staub was on TV this morning in the Macy'd Parade in NYC. He is with the 610 Stompers out of N.O. Big Al, you made my day. Looked for Mark but couldn't spot him. Hope you were there to bro. If you don't know Alan you will. He has to bring the Drag Race trophy back in May. Enjoy your weekend Clear Lake Shores!

From the Club: DECEMBER 1.  We will decorate the Club House for the holidays starting at 7:30.  Pot luck supper begins at 7:00.
                         Come on along for this fun evening - we'll have some spanking new decorations to put up

             DECEMBER 2.  The Annual Civic Club Christmas party from 8:00 to midnight.  There will be a band for dancing - and a tent on the back
                         deck.  Bring your favorite finger food to share.  Admission is $15.00 for singles, $20.00 per couple.  More details to follow.

For anyone who wanted to sign up for the flag subscription the Boy Scounts are offering he you go one more time.
Bill Meyers
Scoutmaster
Troop 2322
832-212-1456
www.bsatroop2322.com

"Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR". What's my mother going to do?"
                      

3 comments:

Crystal Rose said...

A big thank you Allan, we are both soooooo happy to be back again! Thanks to for this medium of sharing x

Roselyn said...

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/274886

When DOES the bullying end Katherine?

Bryan said...

Thanks for posting the link, Roselyn. Unfortunately it is just more bad press for our great little neighborhood. And, as usual, there appears to be the same old common denominator, but I will withhold my possibly prejudiced opinion until we see how all of this plays out. However, there are a couple of awesome things written that I could not leave alone:

#1: "McIntyre said he took it in his house to get a better look at it once but put it back."

Uh-huh. Brilliant defense by the professor. Guilty as charged, in my opinion.

#2: "I see no end in sight," McIntyre said. "If that lawsuit goes away, they'll start something else."

Bernie certainly knows what he is talking about there. That is the same tactic they used to slow down the Town Center project to a crawl and why our entrance still looks like a war zone.

Bryan