IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day of Mercury


I don’t get it either but that’s what wiki calls it.
Boxer update
Stacy Ayers was able to trap the Boxer in her yard tonight.  YAY!  Great Job!  We went over and he is so sweet.  I walked him home and he was perfect on a leash, so he was definitely someone's pet.  I will take him to Bayside tomorrow morning to see if he has a micro chip?
Would you mind posting on your blog that the Boxer has been caught?  :)
Thank you,
Jenn

Councilman Sowrey made a statement last night about the Civic Clubs upcoming Thanksgiving Dinner that made me sad. He expressed a concern that people may be shying away from the dinner over all this political hoo-ha that is going on. Folks this is the Civic Club. Your Civic Club. It has nothing to do with politics. The club is the closest thing we have to no man’s land. The dinner is also the clubs largest fund raiser of the year and YOUR club needs you. Please do not let petty politics come in to play here. This is a great day to come out and enjoy some great company, visit, eat and just hang out and support your Civic Club and neighborhood in general. And let’s face it our ‘hood could use a little TLC. Under the expert tutelage of Le Coonie(aka Bryan) Glen, Jim and I will be cooking 400 lbs of bird outside and a spectacular crew of dozens will make the ol’ Club House smell better than it did when it was new. Do not miss this event. If you want in on the fun drop me or Elaine a line and we’ll get you plugged in.
Wasn’t that fun? It’s a shame the DA has to get involved. We can’t solve our own problems. Like a bunch of 3rd graders. My apologies to third graders everywhere. I sure hope they can clean this crap up. I must admit I have no reason to be optimistic about the workshop. Councilman Perkins made it perfectly clear how she felt. As goes one, so go the three stooges. What a shame. I almost apologized for my language but it seems to me “ass” and “fart” are not the worst words I’ve heard at a council meeting so, no.
Larry asked me last night if I went to the office every hour to see what was going on or if I had someone “on the inside” because I found out about their request for records back to 2007. My response was simply “someone needs to keep an eye on you people”. I guess Jean forgot to explain the whole bug in a jar theme to him. Welcome home Larry. Then it dawned on me, the reason the CAVE people are mad at me and the blog. To them, all this BS is S.O.P., business as usual. They aren’t used to people knowing what they are up to. Kinda like Bambi in high beams. They’re mad because people can actually know what is going on in a timely manner. It used to be you had to actually go to a council meeting and read an agenda to see what had transpired in the previous weeks. Way too late to get on the agenda or much of anything but be an unscheduled visitor. Like Bernie said several weeks ago “nothing can be said without it showing up on the blog”. That’s right. Remember it.
My favorite part though was Jean explaining to the crowd what a good friend Paul is (was?) and that is why she wanted to review copies of all his credit card transactions back to 2007. Paul, time to take that one off your Christmas card list brother. You can’t afford friends like that. If I was a little smarter I’d probably be offended that she honestly thinks we’re all that damned stupid. I mean really, she pulled that off with a straight face. I’m glad she got called out on her lie. We don’t do that enough anymore. I think if we did, some of our problems would never happen in the first place. 
Has anyone asked why they only want Paul’s records? Any other employee have or use a credit card? Why stop at 2007? Oh yeah, before that was Mayor McIntyre’s term. I need to vomit.
I was a little surprised by the light turnout. I did talk to a few folks who were not aware of a council meeting but still a light turn out. Neighbors, I’ve said it a hundred times, this is not over. One way or the other it will be over in 192 days.



Hello, this is Kathy Pierce with the City of Kemah. The Galveston County Health District will be at the Jimmie Walker Community Center, 800 Harris, Kemah, Tx on Thursday, November 3rd from 10 a.m. – Noon to administer flu shots. The shots are $20. The Health District also accepts Medicare or Medicaid. Thank you.

28 comments:

Crystal Rose said...

I am grateful to this Blog for keeping us informed of where our tax paying money is going!! We may not have a vote here but we sure as hell pay our taxes, unlike one council member who feels it is their right not too...and by the looks of it has a vendetta/agenda against the very person trying to make them!

So thanks AB for this facility and although some of the mud slinging done on it is not so nice. In general we would not have a clue what was going on without it.

I would love to come to the Thanksgiving dinner but will out of town, no agenda other than that.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the light turn-out was due to the misprint in the Islander. I didn't see it on the marquee either.

Allen Cruthirds said...

To our City Council: If person "A", who happens to be in a position of authority tells persons B,C,& D to do something illegal and they go out and do it, would it not still be illegal?
Just Saying!

Anonymous said...

To the cavers a caveat from Portia: As you urge on justice, be assured you shall have justice more than you desire. ~The Merchant of Venice
Janna Derry

Anonymous said...

My unsolicited thoughts part 1:

First of all if I was rambling or over the top last night I apologize to everyone except the bug jar gang but after reading the blog this morning I guess I am not the only one fed up with their crap. I can’t address them individually at Council so I am going to do it right here on this great open forum AB has provided for us all to enjoy.

Tami – You started screaming point of order and throwing a hissy fit because I mentioned your name. You can sure sling crap you just can’t take what bounces back on you. We have videos to prove it. You are out of order several times at every meeting and I sure didn’t hear you screaming point of order when Jackie interrupted me when I was speaking as a scheduled visitor. You are a hypocrite and need to man up and face what you have caused.

Jackie – Don’t interrupt me when I am speaking. If I need your help I will let you know. It seems the only thing you were trying to do was brag that you all wasted less money than Vern’s figures showed on an investigation to nowhere. When citizens are speaking just slouch in your chair cross your arms and smirk. Better yet go clean up your junkyard.

Arlene – You seem to be a follower not a leader. I have said from day one of this misadventure that of the three you are our only hope. You need to either become a leader, open your eyes and listen to the 95% or more of us that see what you all are doing is wrong or follow somebody with some sense.

Ms. Cooper and Larry – You never come to meetings but last night you stood up and tried to make us think you had something important to say. Basically all either of you did was bitch about the blog and that folks don’t respect Tami. If you had been to meetings or listened to someone other than the NS gang you might have figured out like the majority of us have that Tami is in my humble opinion arrogant, rude, clueless, hateful, confused, unproductive (except for her agenda) and has acted independently with her gang and not as a team player on Council. That is how I see it anyway. Your poor little victim Tami deserves everything she has gotten and if the DA and their investigator do their job we can put the icing on the Cake. If Tami tells us from her council chair to F off, is constantly out of order and offers to fight a citizen as she makes her point she gets a pass form your gang but if we voice our opinions we are the ones that are wrong. Give me a break.

Anonymous said...

My unsolicited thoughts part 2

Jean – You were well spoken last night and I respect you for that even though I think you are wasting everyone’s time. I haven’t seen you crouched down hiding behind your van or hiding behind the telephone pole taking pictures of me lately. I miss that it was kind of funny. You don’t need to hide though. If you want some more pictures just call me and I will meet you outside and even pose for you if it would help.
Joe and Christine – Allan and I were talking to you after the meeting and both of you were complaining about comments on the blog. I can solve your problem. Don’t read it. Problem solved. You’re welcome. Joe you were bitching about the blog then told Allan you had never read it. Right off the bat that makes no sense but I know for a fact you have read it because you were bitching about it to me from your car one day and told me you had read it. We have known each other a long time and I consider you a friend but you have to be truthful to friends.

Kathy and Bernie – I have no comment. Everyone that has been around a while knows what you are about and because of this mess our new neighbors have figured you out as well.
:

A common theme amongst Tami’s supporters last night, all eight of them,, was whining about the blog. For years this group has worked under the table to get their candidates in office and have said anything it takes to get them in not letting facts get in their way. Those days are over thanks to Allan and his blog. While not everything on the blog’s comments section is factual at least we all, including the bug jar gang, can voice our thoughts and opinions and have the ability, some more than others, or at least he opportunity to sort fact from fiction. Up till now most folks were too busy with positive things or just too busy having fun to campaign while NS had nothing to do but campaign. If I was NS I would hate the blog too. It has exposed and will destroy their underground network. Jean, Bernie Kathy, and Ted find new hobbies your days here in politics are numbered. What is that number Allan? Now on a positive note:

Vern and Paul: You are both tied for number one in my book. Sorry Allan you slipped to number two when I finally re read it and saw the recipe you provided was for the abandoned puppy Cameron found. While it looks tasty I think I will use pork. I think some of our animal advocates need to do an intervention with you. Anyway, thank you Paul for taking the time before the gavel struck to explain to the three stooges why their plan to be in charge of the PD won’t work. Vern, keep it up. You both know the huge majority of CLS is behind you. I counted eight supporters for Tami last night and half of them never come to meetings and most of them had nothing productive to offer.

Anyway now that I got that off my chest, I apologize if I was over the top last night, If I was let me know and we can tell Vern not to call on me anymore. Sign your name though so I will know who I offended.

Craig W

Anonymous said...

Craig Ward 2012!!!

Anonymous said...

You forgot Tami's Mom who stood up, turned around with fists on hips, looking defiant like she was ready to kick somebody' ass. Someone said to her "Sit down silly". Guess the apply doesn't fall too far from the tree.

Anonymous said...

When the weather gets colder maybe Tami could go downtown and hire some of the occupy Houston protestors to support her. They could lay in Jackies junkyard and pee on themselves there.

Suzanne said...

You were far from over the top last night, Craig. I thought you suggesting Jean getting the receipts from Bernie was brilliant in it sure would save our city staff the hassle of doing that all over again.

I appreciate you asking about the investigation's bill. I wonder if time was wasted there as in some ex-cops didn't keep appointments or if Tami kept it going since the results were not coming back the way she thought they would. Don't know. I think in time we will get the actual document via open records.

I thank you and all the people that spoke. I was encouraged that different people spoke up, too.

It was Dan's first CC. He was amazed and said I did not exagerate on how ridiculous things have gotten. He told Vern afterwards that after the pledge, Vern should shout, "Let's get ready to rumble."

Anonymous said...

I don't pick on Tamis mom because I know there is a good person in there somewhere. I used to talk with the good Mary everyday. She is standing up for her daughter which I respect. I actually feel bad for her husband who is a great guy and their son who doen't deserve what he is having to go through. If it was one of my boys behaving like Tami I would thump them on the ear and help them get their heads on straight but thats just me, what do I know?

Craig

Anonymous said...

Nov. 7 at 2 PM CLShores, is Lynda v. Bernie first case. Maybe he will wear long pants this time. Looks like Tami got the hint also, wearing long pants last night.

Anonymous said...

pam house is the editor of the Islander and is friends with jean, bernie and kathy and the date for the cc meeting was wrong....... probably just an honest mistake. craig i wasn't able to attend last night but i read your post if i was there i would have been over the top for sure

Anonymous said...

Who was the dark haired man with black tshirt sitting directly behind Katherine and next to Mary. He was taking notes through the meeting. Katherine lit up like a Christmas tree when she opened the door and saw him. Another reporter she has contacted? She may be sorry when this is all said and done that she is shining a light on what is really going on here.

Anonymous said...

probably the reporter that wrote the slanted bs story for Kathy in the gdn

Anonymous said...

I just read the GDN article. Kathy says only about a dozen of us run the thing. Not true but if it was I wonder if she realizes that is about twice as many folks that show up att cc meetings to support her little ship of fools.

I would love to walk around in her head and see what is going on in there

Craig

Anonymous said...

Sorry, by the thing I meant the blog. Wow sometimes I wonder what is going on in my head too

Craig.

Anonymous said...

The dark haired man cleared out when it started getting heated when Mary stood up acting like she was going to kick ass. Wonder if he was a new council recruit for May and changed his mind? Anyway, he and his note pad disappeared.

David C said...

I had a revalation last nite. These people really belive that what their doing is right. Just like Adolf Hitler, Osama bin laden, Gengis Khan and many others and the world had to get to gether and stop them. Just say'n.

Anonymous said...

All righty then, I guess Dave won't be getting the contract to sing the opening for Monday night football. But yes Dave you are right these angry petty folks all 5 or 10 of them think they are right. I guess the few hundred of us who don't get it are not very bright.

Craig

Anonymous said...

Our little part of the world is together and will stop them brother Dave. Take a deep breath and count to 192. That is how many days it will take to stop the maddness. NS will never see one ounce of power ever again if we are smart

Anonymous said...

You are right anon 218. We are together thanks to the blog. NS will no longer be able to hide out and conspire. Last night proved how much they hate being exposed. We all need to pay attention to who is in the bug jar and report what we see. Good and Bad. When we vote we need to have all of the cards in front of us so we can vote on facts not emotions.

Craig

Roselyn said...

someone ran into my car last night at Opus between 8:30 and 9 PM. Anybody see anything? Please let me know if you did. Yes, I filed a police report. Thanks.

Roselyn said...

Oh, and by the way, I am opening a bank account tomorrow for Paul and Tina Shelley's legal defense fund. Its time to get to the bottom of this BS. Will let you know details in case you want to contribute.

Might even be reason for another fundraiser with the margarita machine before Tami bans drinking.

Roselyn said...

I just came from Texas First Bank and gave them $450 to open an account styled Paul and Tina Shelley Legal Fund. They will sign signature cards tomorrow and be given an account number where we can mail or drop off money. I suspect a good attorney is going to want about $5 grand to begin. I just told them and they are very appreciative. This is the least we can do for their many years of service to our community.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an excuse for a party with a really loud band. Just kidding Roselyn. I'm in. A hair short on money but heavy on desire to help them. If we can fix a goose we can fix this. $5000.00 seems like childs play compared to other benifits we have pulled off. Let me know what to do

Craig

Anonymous said...

Great idea, Roselyn. I am in. Perhaps in lieu of Christmas gifts this year to Paul, we can contribute to the fund. I hope he doesn't mind me suggesting that...

It is time he hires an attorney to take these fools down.

Suzanne

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP, it just hit me. That recipe Allan put on the blog to prepare the puppy Cameron found. Could that be part of his Chili recipe for the 30th annual? I would recommend locking up all pets as of Jan 1 as he may need time to marinate the meat. Actually it would be a less terrifying pot of sludge than he has brought in the past. Sorry to get off topic. Lets get back to the problem at hand. We can worry about that in Jan.

Craig

To all of you PETA members. Remain calm, this is a joke. It is only a joke. I hope