IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Calendar Stuff

VOTE
November 8.   On the ballot:

$4.05 million water district bond issue
An increase in fire department fees.


SAVE THESE DATES:

Saturday, November 12 at the Club House - 11:30 til 2:00, serving  Thanksgiving dinner with  all the trimmings.  The activity you see at the Club House starting about midnight will be our turkey chefs firing up the grill.  Adult tickets $10.00, children $5.00.  Desserts $1.00 each.  Take-out is available.

There will be an opportunity to make a donation to Coats for Kids - to help kids in our own back yard.

Thursday, December 1.  Come on down to the Club House for the pot luck and help Civic Club members decorate for Christmas

Friday, December 2.  Annual Clear Lake Shores Christmas Party.  Don't miss this one!

This from Neighbor Mike…
“I just got a call from the caretaker of the lot next to our house on queen.  Free wood if anyone would like some.  It is all oak and I can split it for you if you would like.  I know a lot of dying trees are going down around the area so probably ample supply but just in case I thought I would get the word out.”

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake when you make it again. -- F. P. Jones

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

It seems Tami and Kathy forgot to call TJ down at Galveston County News and fill him in on the results of the court findings yesterday. Kathy always has something to say to them. I wonder why she didn't call this time?

Anonymous said...

What were the Results?

Anonymous said...

Poster above can go to the 64 posts on Friday to see the results.

Roselyn said...

Just before the trial yesterday Tami gave me a huge wave from her car, so I guess we are friends now. I look forward to her phone call. Roselyn

Anonymous said...

OBTW I just called GDN and gave info to the reporter ab "the lady who wrote bully article" to look into husband and what is happening in court system. Very interested!

Anonymous said...

Did you tell them about the Dec 8 trial and the legal fund opened for the Shelley's that might involve a conspiracy case?

Anonymous said...

Clear Lake Shores or Jersey Shore which one is it?

Anonymous said...

anon 4:20 you can call GDN tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Something good is finally happening on our island. It's raining!! :)

Crystal Rose said...

I think there is an annual CLS Chilli Cook Off coming soon, does anybody know when, where and how?

Anonymous said...

Crystal,

It isn't a CLS thing it will be Burl and Raynels 30th Annual Chili Cookoff and Birthday Celebration. It is held at our house aprox Jan 27thish each year. It started at Brigadoon apts in 1981 when a bunch of us who became friends including AB lived at the apts. It then moved to our home at the Brio Toxic Waste Dump, long story, then to our home in the Woodlands, then to our apt at Windmill Lakes on 45, then our home at 715 Narcissus and finally came to rest at 707 Narcisus. I met Raynel about 6 months before I moved to Brigadoon and she will be turning 35 this year. Yes, she was 5 when we met. AB will start searching the Island for his chili ingredients just after the first of the year so keep an eye on your pets.

Craig

Anonymous said...

maybe AB could get some rats out of jackies junk yard

Roselyn said...

I talked to Fryday and he has called and reminded Jackie about the 19th deadline, just so there is no misunderstanding about the sinking boat remediation.

Adelia said...

I can't wait for the chili cookoff blogging. It brightens my heart every year to hear the chili love fly between islanders. It is a wonderful time of year when some rid the neighborhoods of the rats and possums and feed it to their neighbors disguised as chili. The only thing worse is those who try to call the "white" concoction chili. That is a crime!!

Roselyn said...

Adelia, some of the best chili I ever had was at your grand opening the other night!

Yesterday I gave the tumeric and dill to Matt who owns Amadeus so he could try out your spices. He uses a lot of spices in his cooking.

Adelia said...

Thank you Roselyn, I will put the recipe on the blog when I get home. I have a pretty good one for dressing and also some spiced nuts. Next time you come to the shop ask for some of the recipe cards. We are now open Thursday-Saturday but for islanders will supply spice on demand (like Oakies used to but not quite so good).

Anonymous said...

Adelia, Wanted to say the spices for oil (bread dip) are terrific. I bought some at the Farmer's Mkt a week ago! I am going to get lots for gifts. Wonderful spices. Bettie J