IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, October 21, 2011

Happy End of the World?


Or Friday. I really hope it doesn’t end today, the weather is just getting nice. Moving right along…don’t miss the comments in the GalCo Daily News… http://galvestondailynews.com/story/265938
Can we take this mess and wrap the credit card crap in it back to the DA’s office and ask that they clean out our city council? That coupled with the 300 plus signatures on the petition to remove Councilman Perkins should be good for something. I need an aspirin. Happy Friday Y’all!!

Heads Up ALL dog owners!!
-is there any way you could post this on the blog?  I’m concerned for the safety of my dogs……..
“Does anyone know who owns a LARGE boxer/pit bull mix that probably lives in the Clear Lake Road/West Shore/Queen area?  He is our wondering much of the time.  The other night when I let my dogs out he was in our front yard and about a week ago our pet sitter found him in our back yard………….does not appear to be a friendly dog and I do not want my pets hurt because someone is not being a responsible pet owner………..next time I see him I will have to call animal control……….if you know who owns this dog please let me know………..Thank you, Lezlie Smith”
And…
There is a brindle, Boxer, male....with balls, ha, that is strolling the island.  I have spoken to a few people on the island that have spotted him.  No tags, scared, tucked tail, but sweet when you talk baby talk to him.  I don't think he is harmful.  He is beautiful and very sweet, just scared and probably hungry.  I have a feeling that someone dumbed him on the island in hope that someone will take him in.  We have 4 and David would kill me, but I do not mind giving him a temporary home in the man cave downstairs, in a crate until he could be adopted.  I hear that he is too scared to be caught.  I will feed, water, exercise, socialize him until we can find a good family for him.  Would you mind posting something on your blog?  
Jenn Moon
Market News. Here’s some market information we would love for you to share on your blog. We’re having a Halloween Spooktacular on October 29th at the Market , featuring pumpkins and face painting at the Kid's Activity Tent sponsored by Regatta Bay Apartments and a doggie costume contest sponsored by Bark N Biskit. Prizes will be awarded at 11 am for the dog with the best costume, while all dogs who are masquerading will get a pumpkin flavored doggie treat.

Also on the 29th, anyone who comes by the Market Steering Committee booth and mentions getting our weekly email blast or reading about us in your blog or visiting our website will get a 5.00 voucher to be used at any of our vendors that day. We also want to keep reminding Shores and Lazy Bend residents that free booth space is alwa ys open to them to sell fruits and vegetables from their yards and gardens. Just contact Market Manager Charlie Hester at charlie@charliehester.com a few days before. Residents can have a space and tables under the canopy.
From Neighbor Sid..
Hey Allan, Food, Music, Classic Cars.
On Friday Oct. 22 from 6-9 our friendly Chick-Fil-a is
holding a charity car show in the Target parking lot. The Galveston County
Food Bank will be the beneficiary of the proceeds.

Please let everyone know that they can come out and vote for the best
car in the show and enter to win prizes.  Win Free food at Chick-Fil-a for a year,hoo hoo.
and help  this worthy cause.

Thanks

Sid Clinton
"Don't worry about temptation--as you grow older, it starts avoiding you. -- Old Farmer's Almanac"  

7 comments:

SPorter said...

Thanx to all who are coordinating, volunteering, and helping with the CLS Thanxgiving Dinner ,,, you are the Salve that will Heal Our Wounds ... SHOW folks ... SHOWing how wonderful this community was, can be ... and will be. You're the BEST. SP

Lezlie said...

Hi Jenn - if you get this please contact me about the boxer since he seems to be over by our house quite a bit and maybe we can figure something out!! Thanks, Lezlie lezliec@uescontrols.com

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... Could the LARGE boxer/pit bull mix be Tami in disguise? Mean-spirited and not friendly sure sounds right. Sure wish calling animal control would solve that problem.

Where did the warts go? I sorta miss Bernie's rants.

Anonymous said...

Bernie is probabaly getting fitted for a suit for his next round in court. Kathy is probably holed in her garage hand-painting signs for her sisters run for Council in 2012. That might be all they have left as I would have to think they are running out of sheep to offer up. Come to think if it - the sister would be better than what they conned on us in 2010.

David C said...

I heard a rumor that I hope is not true. I have been told by more than one person that people are not attending the Thanksgiving dinner or volunteering to help because the cavers run the civic club. Let's have separation between politics and the civic club. WE need help to pull this off. Please attend the event and volunteer to help. This after all is about giving thanks. We all could be living in shanties like the rest of the world.

Dave C.

ab said...

Dave, tell me who you are hearing this from my brother. Coonie, Jim, Glen and I are earlobe deep in the Thanksgiving dinner and I'm fairly certain we don't fall in to that category. Tell me who so I can straighten them out.See you at sunset!

daveC said...

Just got a call and a village is missing their idiot! Hmmmmmmm!