IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday the 14th

Hard to believe October is half over. Heck, 2011 is almost gone. Busy weekend, hope you get to make the most of it.
It starts with the Farmer's Market on Saturday AM. Get your fresh veggies and all sorts of other stuff. If you haven't been in a while you might want to drop in since there are new faces up there.

Spaghetti Dinner at the Club House tomorrow night. I think this is the second annual event. If you'd like to help with the decorations be there at 2. And if you'd like to help with the cleanup we'll see you at 8. See you there.

There's a BBQ cook off over at the Elks lodge. I wish I had more info but I can only share what I get. It smells good.

In case you haven't noticed all the activity overhead the airshow is in town this weekend. Heres the schedule http://wingsoverhouston.com/woh_schedule.htm

And from neighbor Steve, if you look farther up...

See the Space Station Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Viewers in the JSC area will be able to see the International Space Station this week.

Friday, Oct. 14, 7:32 p.m. (Duration: five minutes)
Path: 10 degrees above SSW to 17 degrees above ENE
Maximum elevation: 34 degrees

Saturday, Oct. 15, 8:11 p.m. (Duration: two minutes)
Path: 26 degrees above WNW to 23 degrees above N
Maximum elevation: 31 degrees

Sunday, Oct. 16, 7:11 p.m. (Duration: five minutes)
Path: 14 degrees above SW to 12 degrees above NE
Maximum elevation: 85 degrees
Cooler weather next week! Enjoy your weekend Clear Lake Shores!!

5 comments:

Roselyn Pierce said...

The results of investigation will be announced Tuesday night and we need a big crowd there. I would send out postcards like I did the first time, but now that Kemah re-routes their mail through League City, there is not enough time for them to be delivered by Tuesday. So please tell your neighbors to come and keep posting it on this blog. It will be the day of reckoning.

Roselyn said...

I also heard that the attorney that did the investigation will be giving the presentation Tuesday night.

Roselyn said...

I got it wrong, investigative attorney will speak to council only in closed executive session Monday night. I guess the Mayor will tell us (who paid for it) what it says, on Tuesday night.

Suzanne said...

I am so glad the Exec. Session is Monday so the Pink Party does not have to wait indefinately as we have done in past. (Although I enjoyed going for cocktails @ Craig H's Mancave.)

I may have heard this wrong, but there are two reports. One is a summary report. The residents will have access to it. The other is a detailed report. It names names. The residents may not have access to it. WE PAID FOR IT. We should be entitled to review it.

I hope it is only our mayor's decison to release it to the public or not. He will make the right call. Council, not-so-much. 210 days to go.

DavidC said...

Its not on the adjenda???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????