IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Finally!


On many levels. I wasn’t impressed when I walked out the door this morning. My internal thermometer was reading 76 and sticky. Well It’s here now. Just got back in doors and it is every bit of 15 degrees cooler. Ahhhhhhhhh.
Huge congrats to several of our neighborhood sailors. The Harvest Moon Regatta went off without a hitch. Looks like they beat the cold front by several days. I heard the Prices’ finished First in their Class and Caldwells’ finished second in theirs! And some neighbors in Lazy Bend finished second in their class also. I guess that’s why we’re the Yachting Capitol of Texas! Congrats all!
Tonight’s the night! We get to here all about the 6 or so complaints that have been the hot topic here for too long. I understand the Mayor will list then address each issue. I’m willing to bet it will be standing room only. I’m going early. I wonder if the Chronicle reporter will be there again to cover the mother-of-all-unbombs she was touting at the first meeting. Of all days for me to miss the GalCO Daily News. We were a front page story yesterday. TJ Aulds reported on the Executive Session. See you there
Four guys have been going to the same deer camp for many years. Two days before the group is to leave, Ron's wife puts her foot down and tells him he isn't going.

Ron's friends are very upset that he can't go, but what can they  do.
 Two days later the three get to the camping  site only to find Ron sitting there with a tent set up, firewood gathered, and dinner cooking on the fire.
 "Damn man, how long you been here, and how did you talk your wife into letting you go?"
 "Well, I've been here since yesterday. Yesterday evening, I was sitting in my chair and my wife came up behind me and put her hands over my eyes and said, 'Guess who?'  I pulled her hands off, and she was wearing a brand new nightie. She took my hand and pulled me to our bedroom. The room had candles and rose petals all over. On the bed she had handcuffs, and ropes! She told me to tie and cuff her to the bed, and I did."
 "And then she said: 'Now do whatever you want.'"
 "So, here I  am."
PS. yes anon is back. Deal with it.

6 comments:

Crystal Rose said...

So what happens now? It seems the city is out of pocket by 60K and counting, 2 city employees have been hounded out of office for no good reason with their reputations knocked, the residents are less than happy with the result and the perpetrators are unrepentant and even smug about the outcome of last nights revelations!!!! I don't know how your politics/elected officials work here but is no-one accountable for this debacle and the gross waste of tax payers monies?? Someone enlighten me.......

Adelia said...

What happens now is we remember, we pay attention and show up to council meetings, we participate in our community, WE DON'T ALLOW OURSELVES TO BE MISGUIDED BY BAD INFORMATION AT ELECTION TIME!!!, spend the time to find out the truth about the issues and candidates,AND get out and vote at next election. We let ourselves get lazy last election and this is what we got. I hate to say it but shame on us.

Suzanne said...

I am with you,CR. I was hoping after hearing the results of investigation CLS could put this debacle behind us (having learned many hard lessons since June)and move on.

It is difficult for me to decide what the most ridiculously outrageous thing Tami said last night since there were so many. Her comment that the citizens wanted the investigation may top the list and seems to verifies her view of reality is a bit skewed. Did she not realize that a humble demeanor and an apology would have gone a long way with the residents? Instead her pompous, arrogant attitude was beyond belief.

I think Al Burns was the most impressive of the people behind the table. CLS is so lucky to have such a professional councilman as him.

I agree with you, Adelia. We need to find two great candidates to run in the next election.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately the apologies that people were looking for, did not happen. That would actually take a backbone to admit you cost the city all this money, and nothing came of it, because you were wrong. Instead in Tami Perkins diluted mind, along with her cohorts Jackie and weekend at Kathy and Bernie's she thinks she did what was best for the city. And then for her to sit up there and be pompous about it. That she did her job. She did nothing but make a spectacle of herself, the council and the city. Karma is a b*tch and they will get whats coming to them. The Shelley's although not perfect, have been good to the city. I have a great idea, lets start an investigation of Tami, oh wait, why waste our money. Everything we need to know about you was in the CLS Civic Club May 2010 newsletter- meet the candidates section. An associates degree in Poly-Sci. And classes towards a BA in Accounting and Poly-Sci (which just shows you have no follow through, one class doesn't count) Public speaking and investigative skills- being pompous does not count as skills, and as far as investigative skills- we see how that went, and have the bill to prove it. Stick with the PTA because this is the most leadership experience you have Tami, boss the mommies around and bake cupcakes- you have no business in city politics. "I will fulfill my duty faithfully and work to earn your trust" WOW there's something you haven't done. Please resign and save what little bit of dignity you have. Because from this point forward, you have proved its you against the city- and no one will listen to what you have to say. You brought this upon yourself. As far as Bernie and Kathy McIntyre- the puppet-masters of this charade, STFU. Enjoy getting old, wait read:older- be retired. Your antiquated views of what the city owes you, or you think they owe you are sorely misplaced.

Anonymous said...

I hear Denise is now running the show at City Hall. I wonder what Mrs. Cook is going to think about them apples?

Adelia said...

The insane have logged on again!! Go weave a basket.