IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dia de la Chepa

Remember our friend in the Coi pond? It looks like he’s a local. He was spotted AND photographed this week fishing in the channel. I guess his casting net paid off, he was seen launching his circular canoe at Shell Bottom park. I love this place. Thanks for the pic Jim.

Looks like a huge conflict is looming large. Next week, Tuesday actually, We have our City Council meeting, an EDC meeting to discuss and gather input from us on a marquee replacement and National Night Out. Everyone needs to be at every one of those events. We need to know what City Council is doing, The EDC needs to know what our take is on their actions and we all need to get out and meet our neighbors. Dang! Well, no one said this was easy. Watch this site for future developments.
Speaking of the EDC, what about that sign? Enhance your calm. Take a deep breath. The EDC wants and needs your input. That’s why they have meetings. This from neighbor Rick “Hey Allen,
 Tried to post a response on the blog, but kept getting redirected to google so I could create my own.  Never did post.  Any chance of convincing the powers to be on the EDC to reschedule the LED sign workshop for some date other than the 4th since that in National Night Out?  It would be a shame for anyone to miss one activity for the other.  Also, please let Sam and I know what we can do to help for National Night Out.  Have buggy (with fold down rear seat) & will travel!  Talk to you soon!
 Rick & Sam Fisher

EDC this message is for you to do with what you will.

I sent this to Council members and the powers that be in the office: ” Good morning. I am working with some of our neighbors and the Target Team to organize our National Night Out. After getting input from the neighborhood it was decided to continue with our rolling weenie roast. I have several folks who have volunteered to haul coolers with drinks and others to shuttle the Target Team. Glen Dowell will haul the grill and hot dog fixin’s. I have asked Chief Cook to arrange for as many of his officers to participate as possible in a very informal meet and greet possibly at the scheduled stops. As our elected officials I would like to ask if any of you would be interested in Introducing our officers at the different stops. The stop schedule is listed below. I know there is a regularly scheduled Council meeting that night but perhaps it can be abbreviated a tad or delayed 30 minutes. Just a suggestion. Please let me know one way or the other. Thanks.


Tuesday October 4th
6:00 Lazy Lane & Birch
        6:15 South Shore & Narcissus
        6:30 Forest & W Shore  
        6:45 Pine & Ivy
        7:00 Queen and Juniper
        7:15  - 8:00 Sundial Park
I have heard back from two council members so far. As the schedule develops I will post it here.

Here is one answer to yesterday’s question. “We went to the court date between Bernie and Lynda and Patrick. The Judge told Bernie that he was not dressed appropriate for
his court room and they changed to another date.  Told Bernie to be in a dress shirt and tie. Bernie and Kathy were in shorts, thongs, and Bernie had on a white undershirt. UNBELIEVABLE  This guy is completely not all together to do what he pulled in going to court dressed that way.  The only supporter he had with him was John who smokes the cigars and he was dressed in the same way. So anyway we
look forward to see what Bernie will pull at the next court date.  Lynda and Patrick were absolutely dressed first class and looked very nice. There were about 8 or 10 of us there to support them.

New Rule: There's no such thing as flavored water. There's a whole aisle of this crap at the supermarket, water, but without that watery taste. Sorry, but flavored water is called a soft drink. You want flavored water? Pour some scotch over ice and let it melt. That's your flavored water.

8 comments:

Adelia said...

I love this picture and our wonderful island!! I can just picture some wife saying her husband can't have a boat but she want's a Koi Pond. Nuf said. I am sure the Judge in Bernies trial was impressed by the shorts/flip flops episode and will lean in Bernie's favor when they return - who wouldn't?? I hope we can work out the schedule for night out and council otherwise I suggest we make council one of our stops. If national night out is supposed to make us a safer community I would think a neighborhood council watch is appropriate.

SPorter said...

Fishin' from the Coi Pond ... and all the rest of it. This place is a HOOT !!!

To EDC, City Council, et al ... pls deconflict your schedules with Nat'l Nite Out ... as a service to the Citizens you are (supposed to) represent ... thanx!

AB, I have had issues with the sign in as well ... but still don't want to see the ANON back ...

Adelia said...

I wonder how hard it would be to mount a lazy boy recliner on a Koi Pond?

SPorter said...

... or how about a Big Red Couch ?

Craig said...

I'm following Tropical Dreaming and think you'll be interested in it as well. To check it out, follow the link below:
http://islanddreamz.blogspot.com/?psinvite=ALRopfXmnYPxPUXVF9rGF1o8rrrnjd-my_Vltxc8usEi9zbVX-jiooVrWXtREvFDlJoErwhdYQMuoo2GKy922a0g1bClDjjYbg

"Hey, I have decided to come into the new age and blog about things. any thing from the laundry detergent to what i think of our City Administrator and his handly of the books. (at this point, i'm disapppoint) too many questions. anyway. I hop you join me while i gander out into worlds unknown and hope those worlds don't crash with my own."

-----
Google Friend Connect helps people with common interests discover interesting sites and interesting people. To learn more, visit http://www.google.com/friendconnect

I got this E-mail this morning. Doese anybody know what is is. Is this Baaaawbraaaa?

Just wondering

Craig

DaveC. said...

Edc and council have moved their meeting dates.

Craig said...

Just to be clear, I got this e-mail from Barbra whoever that is. I am not following the blog or blogging. My words are at the bottom

Suzanne said...

Nat'l Night Out won out over CC. Perhaps by the next CC on Oct. 18 we will hear the results of the investigation. What could be the delay? Perhaps ways to make it up to Paul, Tina and this entire community are being considered. I vote Tami gives an apology orally and in writting. Oh, wait, she can't write. Sure hope Aulds will cover it in the GDN.