IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, September 29, 2011

226


I spoke to the Mayor last night and it’s official. The City Council meeting scheduled for October 4th has been rescheduled and so has the EDC meeting that was looking for input on the new marquee. You spoke they listened. Just like it’s supposed to be. You gotta love it when a plan comes together.

To everyone who takes kids to Stewart or works at Stewart or drives behind Stewart take note.
Lazy Bend news from Pricilla “…on a different note the water board will start their placement of pipes on Oct 4th so there may be some traffic congestion on that day (Oct 4th) The bridge replacement is scheduled to begin November. You may want to post on the blog for CLS residence who attend Stewart to start making alternate plans for carpooling.

From Neighbor Neeltje. Her keen camera eye spotted this guy. I wonder if this is the same one from a few months ago. I guess the signs to beware are for real. Oh, this was taken from the pool looking over the bayou.


And speaking of Lazy Bend I sent this invite to them
“Next Tuesday October 4th is National Night Out. We are coordinating a progressive weenie roast with our local Target Team. We would like to invite our Lazy Bend friends and neighbors to join us is this event. The “parade” will begin around 6:00 PM and wind slowly around the neighborhood. We will be serving Roasted hot dogs and soft drinks along the way. The Target Team will be passing out goodies and this year they are bringing a magician for the kids. Please join us in making our Unique community an even safer one. A schedule is provided below. If you would like to help please see Pricilla Duffy. See you there!
National Night Out
Tuesday October 4th
6:00 Lazy Lane & Birch
6:15 South Shore & Narcissus
6:30 Forest & W Shore
6:45 Pine & Ivy
7:00 Queen and Juniper
7:15  - 8:00 Sundial Park”

From Neighbor Jane:
We are in need of people here for several of my projects.  If you know anyone looking for a job and has environmental investigation and remediation experience – all levels – please send me their resume!!!  They must be willing to travel as well b/w OK, AZ and PA.
Thank you,
Jane C. Marzano
Environmental Scientist 3
It was a hot day in Minnesota.
Helga hung out the wash to dry and then went downtown to pick up some dry cleaning.
"Gootness, it's hotter dan hell today," she mused to herself as she walked down Main Street.
She passed a tavern and thought, "Vy nodt?”
So she walked in and took a seat at the bar. The bartender walked up and asked her what she would like to drink.
"Ya know," Helga said in a timid voice, "I don't usually go into bars, but today I vill make an exception.. It is so hot, I tink I'll haf myself a cold beer."
"Anheuser Busch?" the bartender asked.
Helga blushed and timidly replied, "Vell fine, tanks, und how's yur viener?"

1 comment:

Craig said...

I think the e-mail I got yesterday was a hoax. It links to a japneese web site.

Craig