IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Plan B


OK. Plan B is now in effect. The general rule, the way I understand it, is to leave the anonymous sign in as an option because most blogs are made to generate an income of sorts for their moderator. The more hits the bigger piece of a penny you get. I get that a lot of folks, for a lot of reasons, prefer to use the anon button, hence more hits. The other side of that coin is if you don’t feel comfy signing your name maybe you should reword your comment? Now I’m not saying I don’t want more penny bits but that is not why I created this blog. I created this blog to help keep our friends and neighbors in "the loop". Just another way to pass along information, sort of an electronic backyard fence. Make it a little easier to talk to other neighbors. I think the deal now is you have to sign up as a follower and that's about as easy as I can make it. 
I also believe that doing away with anon will help us get past some of these emotional rants that i see posted here. Please believe me when I say I don't like it either. The thought that we have to put up with this crap for another 9 months makes me want to vomit. Yep. Get used to it. 9 months. Neither have the integrity or ethical standards to stand down so we have to just sit back and watch. All is not lost though. The Galveston County Asst DA has been made aware and has advised us what to do next and those ideas are in play. So sit up and pay attention.
To the proclaimed newbie’s out there, time to step up and introduce yourself. There’s no need to be afraid of anyone on this island. Well, except Todd but that’s another story. Start out using initials or just a first name. No one’s gonna stalk you, again except maybe Todd but that’s why we make him wear one of those things on his ankle. KIDDING. Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Let the investigation begin!

16 comments:

Craig said...

Hello,

OK, I’ll be the first on the new system. Last night Tami and Jackie both came across very arrogant and pious towards the citizens in attendance. Tami seemed to laugh at every unscheduled visitor and Jackie had his trademark crossed arms and smirk on his face. At times his eyes seem closed as if he were asleep. At least that is the way I saw it. It is clear that these two despite hundreds of signatures and voiced requests for them to resign most likely will not. So now what?

I think it is time to let this part of the soap opera rest and demand our CC get back to handling crucial city business that has been sitting due to certain members of Councils actions and or lack of action. We need to move on but first we need to get the answers we all want. Everyone and I mean everyone needs to sign up as a scheduled visitor at the next meeting and demand answers. If Jackie or Tami does not show up or they dodge the questions then we need to need to sign up at the next meeting and not stop until we have answers.

We then need to focus on fixing council through our next election. I think we need to find two candidates that the Pink Flamingo Island Party (who came up with that its great?) can agree on and get them elected. If too many of us run our votes will be split up and we may not be able to fix the problem. Our nemesis are very politically savvy and I believe they will say and do whatever it takes to keep control. History may repeat itself. We need to make sure everyone that needs to be in the bug jar gets dropped in there so we can keep an eye on them.

We all need to learn from our very big mistake and not let this happen again and we all need to stay active and attend every council meeting to make sure nothing else unsavory is coming down the pike.

Just me thinking out loud. Now let me see if the blog Gods will let me post.

Craig

Craig said...

hello.........hello......................hellooooooooooooooo!!! Is anybody out there? Guess I'm going to have to go back to watching reruns untill the new fall shows come out, This blog has turned into a ghost town.

Jim said...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-hc--dFFp7mY/time_out/


- Jim Adams

Craig said...

OK Jim,

I copied your link and pasted it to the address bar. I didn't use glue this time but still got nothing. Are you just trying to keep me busy?

Adelia Oakes said...

Well I tried this and will try again. I am still in PA but will be home next week. There is a heat advisory here - may get above 80 REALLY. I came up with the Pink Flamingo Island Party but have to give the pink shirt ladies credit for starting the cause. Can't wait to get home.

Craig said...

Hey Adelia,

If anyone designs PFIP shirts I want to order some. Don't have pink shirts though just have pink in the logo and make it really colorful. I for one don't want a totally pink shirt. Anyway hurry home and sign up for the next CC meeting

Travis said...

You won't let my Post stand so you can now read it on the Galveston Daily News under "Police Chief Welcomes Investigation" and it will be Posted on the Police Blog also. Slanting this Blog to favor Paul Shelley shows that the First Amendment isn't welcome on Clear Lake Shores.

Adelia said...

Travis,
First ammendment always welcome with me. thanks for the guidance to Daily news. Others - don't hesitate to add to blog I signed up with google and as you can see it only adds my name not email although how hard would that be to find. Back to work now have a great day islanders. Maybe Eric the artist could design us a logo.

Roselyn said...

I like Bryan Hoerner's forward thinking post above. I would gladly support him for council.

Craig said...

Dang Alan,

You ate your wheaties this morning. Who is Travis does anybody know. I've never heard of him. I'm with you Roz or is it Ros? Bryan would be great. Good Morning Travis. Can't wait to read your post. Sounds interesting

Roselyn said...

Its Rose, not Roz, and thanks for asking Craig. I think you and Allan also might be good candidates. Fair, intelligent, analytical, obviously cares about our City.

Roselyn said...

Who else? I am hoping that an "election central" organizes outside of this blog that will review the credentials and personal agendas of folks running for council, then recommend just 2 or 3 for us to select from. Have candidates fill out a questionaire that where all the information is verified.... Otherwise people just vote for their friends and that is not what we need right now. We need people that will "turn this ship around and hold er steady". Ronnie Richards had mentioned this idea a few weeks ago and I hope he does create it.

Craig said...

Rose,

Noooooooooooooooooooo. Not me period. I like being married to Raynel. Thanks for the vote of confidence anyway.

Craig said...

Now to you Travis,

Alan gave you a hint, no solution as to why you couldn't post but I still don't see it. Don't feel bad I too was trying to post one that was too long and Alan had to help me. On another note I apologize for Alans outburst. I think he was way to hard on you but I think you struck a nerve if you challanged his manlyhood. I have known Alan for thirty years and can attest to the fact that he is more manly than should be allowed. He cooks a mean breakfast and has a bigger assortment of kitchen aprons than you and I put together. His collections of outfits for the drag races are to die for. They have won him first prize and he hasn't broken a heel yet. The picture he posts for the blog, heck you have to be manly just to put that out there. Lastly I know he is too embarrassed because he can't fit into it any more but his pink tu-tu from back in the day is sooooo cute. Anyway, I can personally attest to the fact that Alan is a manly man to the core.

OK, I will get out of your way and let you post. I will type the secret backwards so only you and I will know the secret to getting it online. .gnol oot si tI. Come to the next CC meeting. Alan might bring you a manly adult beverage to lighten you up a bit.

Suzanne said...

Oh how funny that Travis thinks Allan won't allow his post when in fact his post is too long.

BlondeStar said...

If you won't sign it, don't post, email, snail mail, whatever. Stand up for what you believe; have the courage of your onvictions. I thought we'd gotten past the anonymous stuff.