IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

HOT


Looks like Emily is going to spend the weekend in Miami. As much as we need tohe rain I think I’m OK with that.

Welcome back Bernie and Kathy. Hope you had a great time.

Tonight’s agenda. See you there!

Vern Johnson, Mayor AGENDA Al Burns
Richard Sowrey CITY OF CLEAR LAKE SHORES Jackie Fuller
Tami Perkins CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING Arline Laughter
August 2, 2011, 7:00 p.m.
NOTICE is hereby given of a Regular Meeting of the City Council for the City of Clear Lake
Shores, County of Galveston, State of Texas, to be held on the above mentioned date and time at
the Club House, 931 Cedar Road, Clear Lake Shores, Texas, for the purpose of considering the
following numbered items. The City Council of the City of Clear Lake Shores, Texas, reserves
the right to meet in a closed council session on any of the below items should the need arise and if
applicable pursuant to authorization by Title 5, Chapter 551, of the Texas Government Code.
1. CALL TO ORDER & PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. CITY ADMINISTRATOR REPORT, CORRESPONDENCE
3. COMMITTEE REPORTS: Economic Development Corporation, Waterfront Compliance
Committee, Planning/Zoning Committee, Roads and Drainage Committee, Park Committee,
Pool Committee, Council
4. UNSCHEDULED VISITORS§
5. CONSENT AGENDA:
a. Check Register from July 14, 2011 to July 27, 2011
b. Cash Balance Summary as of July 27, 2011
6. NEW BUSINESS - Discussion and possible action may be taken on the following items:
a. Appointment of Kenneth Cook to Interim Police Chief (Mayor Johnson)
7. ADJOURNMENT
CERTIFICATION
I, Karen Mericle, City Secretary, certify that this Notice of Meeting was posted on the outside bulletin board at 931
Cedar on or before Friday, July 29, 2011.
_________________________________
Karen Mericle, TRMC
City Secretary

Two boll weevils grew up in S. Carolina. One took off to Hollywood and became a rich star. The other stayed in Carolina and never amounted to much--and naturally became known as the lesser of two weevils. 

12 comments:

Adelia said...

I know there is a lot of passion going into this meeting by all. Please remember Kenneth Cook did not initiate or current situation and I don't know about you but I would think long and hard before I took a job as chief here interim or not. Lets welcome him with the support we showed Chief Shelley. Also, while you are not allowed to address a Council Person directly when making comments or attach them verbally so watch or plan how you phrase your comments. No one wants to be thrown out of this meeting for abusive or threatning language and it is not necessary to make your feelings know. You can always let you hair down and be crazy at Jammin on Jarboe but give our council sessions the respect that they deserve. I have a lack of confidence and respect for a couple of council persons but still respect the council itself and what it stands for.

Adelia said...

Ok now I am the bad grammer queen - not attach them - attack them AND not initiate or but initiate our. AND I meant that you dont need to use bad language to let your feelings be know NOT that you should not let your feelings be know. Been on line with a help desk for the last hour while I work through lunch. Enough to make anyone crazy. Good luck with meeting tonight

Anonymous said...

Adeila,

I agree with everything you just stated. We need lots of Pink, lots of patience and and lots and lots of well thought out comments from our unscheduled visitors. Next time though we all need to go as scheduled visitors. Go sign up now.

Craig

Roselyn said...

I agree Adelia, Kenny has been here a long time and been very helpful to my family. Vern and Paul are obviously behind him as well, so he is my choice too. Life goes on for Paul and Tina and they will be fine. We have to focus on getting rid of the green party on council. I want to see all pinks in those 5 chairs in 2012, if not before.

Adelia said...

Go Pinky Go!!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps this was posted earlier and I missed it -- but here is a link to the full text of Tami's complaint: http://galvestondailynews.com/photos/2011.July/0729_LOC_cls_perkins_shelley.pdf

Jane Marzano said...

We appreciate you Sergeant Denise Janssen. Love, Janie and Johnny Patin!!!!

Suzanne said...

I was so proud of all the unscheduled visitors last night. We were appropriate and did not attack or slander. Tami has certainly slandered Paul, but I guess that is okay. She can break laws and not follow procedures.

Rob gets my award for being the best speaker since he has such a voice and presence. So proud Vern put Kathy McI in her place. If the citizens cannot voice their opinions we might as well change our name to Russian Shores.

Did anyone notice Kathy McI slipping a sheet of paper to Tami just prior to the mtg? I guess that was the puppet's script for the evening.

Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Was I the only that noticed Tami talked thru many of the unscheduled visitors speeches? If she wasn't talking she had that cocky look of disbelief on her face. I heard (gossip, I know) her mother said she(TP)is very stubborn. Yes, I saw Kathy script being passed to her. What a joke.

Roselyn Pierce said...

I think the script that was passed to Tami was the statute that Tami read that said, and correct me if I am wrong, that the city employees work for council (and not the mayor). This means she can call Kenny and tell him to remove the signs. This means she can call Jack Fryday and tell him Allan Batchelor's house has some construction violation. This means she can call Jack Fryday or her goons can call Roselyn Pierce's old customer in Kansas City asking about the house on Dogwood that Roselyn owns. This means that Tami can call and interview any current or ex police personnell to determine if there are problems in the police department and that she would not be violating the law.........and I think she read the statute and asked Vern if that was correct and he said yes. Is that what anybody else heard or was it my imagination? With that grin on her face all night I expected her head to start spinning at a fast speed like Linda Blair in The Exorcist.

Anonymous said...

@ Roselyn - was it captured on film or video?

Sure hope all of the pinks will have access to what was filmed last night. Could it be on Facebook?

My memory gets cloudy too, since my emotions of anger and disgust seems to take over. I so love CLS and it we don't take our island back - like the post above said, it will be another Russia.

Anonymous said...

calm down guys we arent going to be like russia or even seabrook this will all be fixed within 9 or ten months at the most if we all keep involved