IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy Monday


How about that we have rain in our forecast! Lets keep our fingers crossed. I know, I know it’s a holiday weekend but look at the bright side that clouds will provide a little shade? I’m reaching here…..

If you’re travelling this Labor Day weekend please drive carefully. I’m sure you’re a great driver but there are a lot of knuckle heads out there.

Breseman’s Party of 4. All set for Sunday September 11th. We’ll be at the pavilion and get things rolling around 4 and hang out and visit until it’s time to go. You bring cash and we’ll bring everything else. If you want to help call me. If you would like to donate something call me twice.

Kudos To the fabuoulous folks who run the city! Check this out.
For the second year in a row, the City of Clear Lake Shores earned the Texas Comptroller's Leadership Circle Gold award for financial transparency.
The city's website achieved a near perfect score from the comptroller, scoring 19 of 20 possible points on the State’s ratings criteria to make state government more transparent and efficient.
The city received recognition for their online check register, financial reports and budget being clearly transparent and readily available to the public.
Only 65 cities throughout Texas have received the gold designation and only 30 cities statewide were awarded with the gold designation for a second consecutive year.
For the whole story go here..

Watch for your Islander. It will be hitting a driveway near you any minute now. That said, don’t’ forget the Civic Club meetings are the first Thursday of the month and the way it falls this month This Thursday! Hopefully we’ll see you there.

Looked like a damage control meeting on North Shore yesterday. I don’t know about you but I can’t wait to hear this spin.


More Manlaws:

16: Women who claim they "love to watch sports" must
 be treated as spies until they demonstrate knowledge
 of the game and the ability to drink as much as the
 other sports watchers.


 17: A man in the company of a hot, suggestively
 dressed woman must remain sober enough to fight.


 18: Never hesitate to reach for the last beer or the
 last slice of pizza, but not both, that's just greedy.


 19: If you compliment a guy on his six-pack, you'd
 better be talking about his choice of beer.

8 comments:

David C said...

Congratulations on the awards! They are deserved and garnered by the hard work of Paul Shelley, Vern Johnson Karen Miricle and her staff. "GOOD JOB"

David Chambers

Anonymous said...

Hey, what about Tami? Don't they all work for her?

TRAVIS said...

They do now. Tami solved the problem of the wives and female cops being jealous of Tina, and got a few promoted that now adore her and they are thankful to North Shore Annex as well. You can rest peacefully now.

Adelia said...

And there's the spin...
Still putting together auction items and thanks to all that have donated - we are going to have some great stuff!! If you have something you can bring it to the event or if you cant make it bring it to me and I will transport. Let me know what you are bringing if you can so I can make a bid sheet.

Anonymous said...

And there you have it. Travis is putting perfume on a turd.We taxpayers just spent a couple of grand + a new 100k pkg over a goddam cat fight. And the cats don't even live here. If we vote this moron in to office again we deserve everything we get. I'm going out to vomit now.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I see why Travis stays anon. What a piece of work. Since we all know Its name is not really Travis and It appears to be more than one person I think we should call him Bernie Garst instead of Travis

Suzanne said...

Way to go Paul, Vern and Karen! We don't appreciate you enough.

Anonymous said...

Travis,

I am new to CLS and have only recently been introduced to these issues. I consider myself an objective source on this issue as I have no history with anyone involved. It is obvious to me, from discussion with the people I have met and from reading this blog, that the views and desires of the people of CLS are not being met by the city government. The city government is NOT representing the desires of the majority of CLS which is their job.

Just in your last comment yesterday at 3:46, you talk about how thankful people should be that city council went against the will of the people in the city so that a few city employees could be promoted? Are you kidding me? Really??That is just ridiculous.

It just reinforces my newly formed opinion that City Council is full of a few self serving individuals that do not have the best interest of their constituents at heart.
I just cannot see it any other way.
.