IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Happy Birthday to ...---...


SOS, no not the scrubby pad, the distress signal. Yep. 1906. Dotdotdotdashdashdashdotdotdot No spaces…..

Sounds like the Investigation will get started next week. I understand the investigation team will set up an office at the Holiday Inn in Kemah and arrange interviews to be held there. Let’s hope it doesn’t take too long since this on our dime. Not that I’m worried about the City finances, we apparently have plenty. Enough that we haven’t even begun budget talks. I guess that’s good news?


More on Trees. I hear the Mayor has opened up communications with a tree farm. The details will be posted here as I get them. Hopefully Councilman Laughter is on top of this effort. Councilman, I want to be one of the first to volunteer for anything you need. I dearly miss the shade our canopy provided and I know I’m not the only one. We need trees!

Water rationing all around us. Come on Rain. I mentioned before we installed two rain barrels. They are still mostly full and my new orange tree and Red Maple and glad of it. So is my water bill. I plumbed the second barrel to catch the over flow from the first barrel just in time for that little shot of rain we got a few weeks ago. It filled up both barrels in no time.

Nosey me, anyone know why they are digging the big hole over in the Boardwalks Parking lot? It sure is a big hole…….


“Red meat is not bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you”

2 comments:

DaveC. said...

FOOTBALL returns tonite on ESPN @ 8PM

Michelle said...

The big hole is a new pump station that is being paid for with the hurricane recovery funds. At least, that's what the sign says.