IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Friday Eve


Where were you on this day in 1983? Hurricane Alicia was crawling over down town right about this time……..
Looks like we might have TS Emily to watch later today. We sure could use the rain.

School starts next week. I can hear most of you cheering. Just a reminder that for a few more days we will have to take the detour through Lazy Bend and behind Stewart Elementary and we will be driving through active school zones. Cell phone use is PROHIBITED where marked in a school zone. Just like the one you are going to drive though if you pass Stewart. If you are just dying to give the Kemah Cops more of your paycheck then by all means knock your lights out. Odds are you’ll get over that a lot sooner than you will running over some squirrel chasing 9 year old. And if you travel on the east end of NASA Parkway you should know that you are required to stop for school buses coming and going unless there is a raised median.

Mark September 11th on your calendar. No, not for the obvious or even as Ike’s anniversary. On September 11th there is going to be a BBQ Benefit for the Bresemans. It is shaping up nicely. Know this ahead of time, I will be asking for donations of stuff to throw on a grill and sell and I have a big freezer.  Watch this space for more info

I see Travesty Travis D is back. Don’t stay gone so long T you make me laugh. In a new puppy kind of way.

More Manlaws:
7: No man shall ever be required to buy a birthday
 present for another man. In fact, even remembering
 your buddy's birthday is strictly optional. At that
 point, you must celebrate at a strip bar of the
 birthday boy's choice.

 8: On a road trip, the strongest bladder determines
 pit stops, not the weakest.

 9: When stumbling upon other guys watching a sporting
 event, you may ask the score of the game in progress,
 but you may never ask who's playing.

7 comments:

Adelia said...

Thanks to Alan for organizing a date for the benefit and delegating the "volunteers". Thanks to all who gave such wonderful ideas. This is going to be fun! Looks like I will be heading up a silent auction so this is the first time I will bug you guys for auction items. I will also bug you one on one!! Not only to donate but also come to this wonderful event and bid on the great items I know we will have.

Adelia said...

ALSO - At the benefit I plan to have a big container I would like to fill with spare change. We all have a little spare change laying around - please come on the 11th and toss some change in the barrell. Instead of hope and change lets use some change to provide some hope.

Anonymous said...

Great Idea Adelia! I'll empty my ashtray in the car!!

Craig said...

Well Alan, I was with you at Brigadoon this day in 1983. You had convinced myself and about 10 other new Texans that it was a good idea to have a hurricane party. We thought that anybody with a Texas tatoo and a liquor briefcase probably knew what he was talking about. As it turned out it was a good idea. Barely.

Roselyn said...

Adelia, I have a rotadent, a rum cake and a piece of jewelry for the silent auction. I like the change in a bucket idea a lot.

Anonymous said...

Who do I need to contact about donations for the benefit?
Janna Derry

Adelia said...

Direct donations can go straight to the family or drop to Bachelors - it would be fun for us to know how much we raised. I would be grateful for donations of items for our silent auction as well. Bring them to my house at 923 Juniper. AND of course bring your change for hope to fill up the jar! We may have a guess how much change in the jar contest. Thanks for joining our quest to help this family over this scary time!!