IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day of the Hump


TOOKIES IS OPEN!

The skinny on the mermaid is Eric has been called away to another project. Progress has been on hold but I have been assured new photos will be forthcoming as soon as there are some. So there.

City of Pasadena is having an auction this weekend. All their excess slash confiscated stuff and all things in between. If you’re interested call 713 740 7041 or visit the city’s website.

Civic Club is throwing  an ice cream party on the 21st. It’s at the club house and starts at 2:00. They will supply the Ice cream and they are asking us to bring our favorite toppings and enough to share. I think Wyatt is camped outside the doors right now. If you haven’t had a chance to join the Civic Club now is the time. Come on down bring the kids and get signed up. Find a Club Officer and get on their email list. See you there!

I need some plumbing wok done. Anyone got a recommendation?

I heard it was an interesting albeit boring Council meeting last night. Councilman Perkins felt she was on trial. What an interesting choice of words since she is the one that broke the law. Amazing. Councilman Burns proposed a measure to insure all elected officials, the same ones that are in charge of spending your tax money, be current on their own taxes. If you have read this blog you know too well that you can be incredibly delinquent on your school and or property and or City taxes to the tune of thousands of dollars and still hold an elected office. We also know that there is no prerequisite to serve on a committee or have any type of experience. That part is fairly evident. Seems Councilman Burns made an attempt to plug this ethical loop hole and was unanimously voted down. That’s right. Let me say this again. You have 4 councilmen that think it’s ok if you don’t pay your taxes. I would have lost that bet. Since three of them think I’m the antichrist I guess it will have to be Councilman Sowrey that explains to me the logic. Richard, please use small words. Hell according to ex-Mayor McIntyre it’s none of councils business. I guess that means we could have an illegal alien on the payroll and just make up the required numbers? Oh. Wait a minute……nevermind. Where does Council draw the line? You can be a rapist but no more than 3 convictions…… Sorry, only one felony per two years, Oh hell no, Grand theft auto? It’s none of our business. Puhleese.

Manlaws update……
4: Unless he murdered someone in your family, you must
 bail a friend out of jail within 12 hours.

 5: If you've known a guy for more than 24 hours, his
 sister is off limits forever unless you actually marry her.

 6: Moaning about the brand of free beer in a buddy's
 fridge is forbidden. However complain at will if the
 temperature is unsuitable.

15 comments:

BlondeStar said...

We used Tommy Payne who used to live on the island at Val's recommendation. And, he had a buddy look in on us for ongoing work while he was on vacation. Reasonablly priced. Check with her for the number, but I can ask our contractor this evening. PZ

DaveC. said...

PLEASE keep the manlaw's coming I enjoy the hell out of em!!

Travis said...

Where were you when the Mayor falsified his application yet was still allowed to run and even was elected? Now this comes from a man who tells Life Guards to look the other way while I violate State Law and drink.

Curious, anyone here not living in a Glass House? Otherwise stop slinging those bricks. I know a few Congressman and Aids that should go too, but seems like it is okay to falsify their taxes but in this case he isn't dodging his taxes he ran on hard times like others on this Island. I venture to guess when his property sales those taxes will be paid.

Vern said...

Who is travis and what are you smoking?
Vern

Adelia said...

OMG - isn't that what the kids use. I wondered who you would go after next. STOP!!! Tami wants to quote the bible - I have read it have you? I will also quote - they came after the Jews and I said nothing then they come after the Gypsies and I said nothing then they came after the Catholics and I said nothing then they came after me. Where does this stop!!

Adelia said...

I love this island and I was just feeling so good about the benifit coming up - what we are about! And then the Cancer raised it's ugly head again. This stinks - hope it is over soon. Please stand up and STOP THIS!!!

Anonymous said...

Adelia,

I'm pretty sure your "quote" isn't in the bible.

It actually states that they came after the communist, the unions THEN the Jews and was in reference to the Nazis.
I see the relevence, but it aint biblical.

Todd

Adelia said...

No it is not biblical - just a bad attempt at a quote. My point was to say that these accusations and investigations need to stop and we should all be concerned because we could be next. Thanks for the quote update next time I will do my research better.

Anonymous said...

You speak of hiring aliens or who ever, but lets not forget your wonderful and honest city manager ( being sarcastic) allowed a sex offender to play santa claus. I even overheard the officers say they told him about it and he said to just keep close watch on him. Hmmm must have been an early christmas for santa as all those kids were on his lap and no one did anything and everyone allowed their kids to sit on his lap and take a photo

Anonymous said...

dont play coy Vern, you know exactly what Travis is talking about Mr. I have 2 degrees from San Jose University. But then it turns out you only had an empty bottle with out a degree inside.

Roselyn said...

And what is your point Anon? That info was revealed by Catherine prior to the election and Vern won and she lost anyway.......At the Tuesday council meeting Tami said she "couldn't discuss the police dept. problem with the Mayor because of the nature of the problem." To me that means her "rag tag team" had targeted the Shelleys AND Vern from the beginnng. I expect now they will spend the next 10 months trying to figure out a way to get rid of Vern. Watch your back Vern.

Vern said...

Watch my back? From what? anonymous and Miss Travis?

Vern said...

Dear anonymous and Miss Travis;
I hope this is the last whimper out of your lovely and negative group.
Let my correct a few of your half-truths.
1. There is nothing on the application to run for office that asks about education. Please check your so called facts before they fall out of your mouth.
2. If either of you went to San Jose you were in close proximity to the Monterey/Carmel area in which the Presidio of Monterey is located/. You certainly know that it is an accredited military school. I realize neither one of you have any respect for the military and that is your problem. It would be wonderful if you would devote your knowledge and education to bettering your community rather than trying to tear it down..Try thinking positive thoughts instead of all the negative ones. You are going to give yourselves an ulcer.
I know I am trying to do my best to better the conditions in Clear Lake Shores. Would you try to do the same?
As to your reference to the bottle.
PLEASE MAKE MINE RUM. Thankyou

As to your education and use of same I will now refer to you folks as my Academia nuts.

Bernie McIntyre said...

AB What is your city council source smoking and/or drinking ? At the city council meeting Tami stated she did noting illegal and asked the city attorney for his opinion. He stated there was nothing illegal about her actions. She listened to city employees and summarized their statements into a presentation to CC. She did not try to direct employees; she listened
The motion by Al was voted down because it was not CC business. The state has a list of requiremnets for potential office holders and council felt it did not have to add to that. Al's motion would eliminate seniors who choose not to pay property taxes. There would probably be a lien on their property, interest etc and all would be paid at the time of death. Very very few can get away without eventually paying property taxes. This motion was aimed at one person in the city and a waste of time. It is none of councils business whether a candidate is up to date on taxes, what their education credentials are or whether some campaign statements are exaggerated. These things are our business as voters and should remain that way.
AB - from the tone of your statements, I assume that you declared your income from fish tacos etc in farmers market sales in you tax returns. And the other vendors ? Very few of us would be eligible to run for office if the state looked to us for help on eligibility rules for office.

Anonymous said...

Vern, you still didn't answer about not having the degrees you lied about. All you did was tap dance to a fine tune of drunken island. But oh well who isn't on the island?....until next time vern the pickled liver