IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What a beautiful Tuesday!


I love the rain. Not so much when it comes from Canada in February or March but the other 10 months are pretty much OK. Except when the rain has a name. Like Ike. Then not so much either. At least both my rain barrels are full. If anyone has entertained the idea of installing rain barrels I have a pretty cheap connection for you DIYers.

Jackie’s Brickhouse is throwing a party and we’re invited! Check this out "Island residents will recieve a 10% discount on all food items all day Saturday July 23 at Jackie's Brickhouse 1st annual Mid - Summer Island Bash & Luau. The luau will run from noon till 6pm. Live music, live dancers, fire show, caricature artist, moonwalk for kids, Island buffet.

Here’s a BIG HEADS UP! Susan & Mark Landwer  are going to be having a "MOVING SALE" at their house everything must go. 930 Juniper
You can call her if you want to look at their household items and furniture. 
Many thanks, 281 705 7733 cell

Looks like Council is at it again. This time we made the front page of the Galveston County Daily News. Check this out http://galvestondailynews.com/story/245270
I hate to sound like a broken record but remember what I said. This Isn’t (<-spellchecker) over!! You can’t bring your signs on to the Club house property but you can damn sure put them back in your yard. I’m going out in the rain right now to get my second sign up. There will also be a letter from concerned citizens read to City Council tonight. You don’t want to miss this one. See you tonite!!



No comments: