IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, July 25, 2011

Welcome to the dawg days....

Seen the new iteration of Save our Chief signs? They are popping up all around the hood. 

Any ideas on what we should/could do with all these signs? Keep it nice please. And speaking of nice….I stated back in January that I would not edit or modify any comments unless “necessary”. Some of the comments are dancing all around the edges of that definition. Friends, neighbors, be nice. No one is going anywhere and this island is just too damned small NOT to get along. Lest you think I’m suggesting we all sit around making s’ mores and singing Kumbaya Let me remind you that I am indeed a bigger a-hole than most give me credit for. We can agree to disagree. Our council is off the reservation and steps are being taken to reel them in. Don’t lose focus. There is much to be done and all this meanness is distracting. Don’t get mad. Get even. Unless you can hear the voices in their heads you don’t really know what’s going on in there…….

This just in from the Foley Boys via mom Lisa (and Kevin)
Hi from the Foley's,
Yes we are still in Mexico of all places!!
The boys have finally finished off the school year!!! YIPPY
Yes, they went until July 8th! Imagine ! and then only have 6 weeks off until the start of the next school year!
The great thing about gutting out the entire school year is that both Teagan and Mick are now fluent in Spanish, they can read and write at a 4 and 5th grade level, and they can carry on a conversation with anyone.  The proper Spanish is understood and a lot of the "cool" words or slang too and of course all the "bad" words, (but I guess that's what happens now in these grades)!   They do also play "futbol" much better than they did in the beginning of the school year.
Over the summer, we will be doing a bit of inland travel between here (PV) and Guanajato.  We did a bit over Easter as they had two weeks off of school and loved it.  So much culture and history and the towns are very friendly and welcoming. (Unlike what you undoubtedly have been hearing in the news "hype"!)
 The first week away from school has just been relaxing, swimming, boogie boarding, surfing and playing beach futbol.  This Monday they started sailing camp here in Nuevo Vallarta for a week and are really enjoying being back out on the water.  They did need to brush up on all their Spanish sailing terms as the class is taught in Spanish! and capsizing is limited to the Bay as in the estuary we do have some rather large crocodiles! 
 We would love to hear what's up for your summer.  Is anyone thinking of Mexico in August this year?

 I have attached a couple of photos of the boys and our adventures.  Turtle Release, Mick's Dance at school, Dancing Horses, School Concert




Have a great summer!

Nice Three Burner Gas BBQ with temperature gage and separate burner.  BBQ is in good condition and works well.  The only problem is that it is stainless steel and very heavy, hence why the wheels are broken. This means that you will have to carry it and it will probably take at least two people and most likely four people.
The propane tank DOES NOT come with it.  First come, first serve.  Call for directions – 409 789 7310


A tough looking group of bikers were riding when they saw a girl about to jump off a bridge so they stop.
The leader, a big burly retired Navy Master Chief, gets off his bike and says, "What are you doing?"
 "I'm going to commit suicide," she says.
 While he did not want to appear insensitive, he didn't want to miss an opportunity, so he asked 
"Well, before you jump, why don't you give me a Kiss?"
So, she does and it was a long, deep lingering kiss.
After she's finished, the biker says, "Wow! That was the best Kiss I have ever had.
That's a real talent you are wasting. You could be famous. Why are you committing suicide?"
"My parents don't like me dressing up like a girl......."

10 comments:

Roselyn said...

Ok Allan, I will just post nice things to this comment thread. So I will change the subject until the AG releases the Open Records Request I made 6 weeks ago.

Pg. 3 of Houston Chronicle today reads "Kabul, Afghanistan: Insurgents kill 8 year old boy who is Police Chiefs Son because the chief wouldn't give them a truck."

We can talk about world news now until we get the information we need to come to an intelligent decision about what has just happened in our city.

God Bless America.

Anonymous said...

Does Tami want Paul to give her a truck? I'm confused

Anonymous said...

Now that was fing HILARIOUS!!!!!

David Chambers said...

I dont understand the $100,000? Is that a number pull out of the sky? Since we are a small town should we ask what does a town with the same crime statistics pay for a chief? Hell I will be chief for 100.000 just let me get my TCLOSE certification and I will give a discount of 20% so we can have jammin on Jarboe.

Suzanne said...

If I have this right the actual salary for our new chief will be in the 60K-80k range but add on to that their benefit pkg. and it will total closer to 80k - 100K.

Paying Paul's attorney cost the taxpaying residents $6,000.

The investigation to nowhere will cost those of us that pay taxes $11,000 if it is done by Aug. (My money is on Sept. costing closer to 20K.) Someone please reassure me that the investigators will be banned from talking to council. That would certainly cost us much, much more if they have to attempt to communicate with Tami. (Just for you, Allan, in the spirit of being civil, I had to rewrite that sentence.)

We lost Capt. Tina Shelley - who is priceless.

We are currently a chief and an officier short.

And an officer has to protect a council person on West Shore.

Has council thought this through? Show me the revised budget.

One thing I wish would happen but I doubt if she would return, council hiring Tina has chief sure would make more sense than getting an outsider. She has the creditials. Thank goodness Wm. Young does not have the creditials. We all know he can't pass a test.

Anonymous said...

William Young's attorney, Paul LaValle, is running for judge in the 405 th- the incumbent is Judge Mallia.

Anonymous said...

OMG! That sleeze bag is running for judge. He the very thin suit at all the cc mtgs, right? I heard he has a body guard - at least someone said the muscle came with him to the first cc in June.

Roselyn said...

Here is something else that is nice....They have pink Tshirts two for one at Target! You know pink is the new party color.

Anonymous said...

@ Roselyn - Did they have any watermelon stencils or stamps?

Roselyn said...

Yes, and I bought matching pink flip flops.

I also have some pink lawn furniture that would look lovely next to the water facing Waterford Harbor on West Shore. (Remember in the Sopranos when they parked the boat in front of the lawyers house with music blaring until he gave the earnest money back?) Ooops, I am digressing, will return to being nice. Anyone have a lease on the west shore side that would like to sit in a pink lawnchair and watch the sunset? Maybe even have a band and I will buy the keg and bring something cool and red to eat! Maybe I would even agree with Vern to sign the exception to the noise ordinance. I am even thinking about painting my house pink! We have the pink car already.