IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Trouble in Paradise


OK Folks, looks like there’s a new problem brewing on our little slice of paradise. A couple of weeks ago I posted a couple of notes from our neighbors about car break-ins on Queen and in the immediate area. Looks like our little delinquent is back. See below for a note from Rob on East Shore right around the corner. OK. Who has company? Someone somewhere see’s a pattern. The best defense is to talk to your neighbors. Let’s work through this and get it stopped before they get to my house and make me go to jail for what will absolutely happen.

Please pass along that some of the islands little darlings are at it again.  Like Mike Ponds, I went outside on my evening dog walking duties to find the door to my work truck slightly ajar.  No, I don’t lock my vehicle most of the time – I live in Clear Lake Shores, I shouldn’t have to.  You can bet the farm that I will from now on and I better not catch any young’ns fiddling with my vehicles  or anything else around here.
It’s late out and I didn’t notice anything missing from my truck right off hand.  On the way back from dog walking, Paula noticed that the rear passenger door was open on Paulo’s house guest vehicle as well (she sent him a message via facebook to let him know).
-Rob


Women are like Apples on a tree. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don’t want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take apples from the ground that aren’t as good, but easy. The apples on top think there is something wrong with them, when in reality they are amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree.
Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it’s up to women to stomp the crap out of them until they turn in to something acceptable to have dinner with.

No comments: