IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, July 15, 2011

TGIF


Party for Tina is at Mark’s on N. Shore. He will provide beef and chicken fajitas with the trimmings and is asking all to bring a side dish to share. As I type we are trying to procure the suds tub. Go Dave Go. Start time is 7PM on Saturday so come on out and thank Tina for all her years of above and beyond service. I personally am going to hand write a little thank you for an event years ago so she can put it in her service record if she wants to. See, I do have a sensitive side.
Did you know we  have 1,130 registered voters in our city? Pretty impressive given our size. Damned pathetic when you look at our turnout….just sayin’…

I know, I know, I was a non believer too. At first. But here is proof, as seen last night by me and dozens of others, that Nessie does indeed exist! Michelle took the picture with a real camera and we all know I’m not smart enough to photshop so here it is. Our very own Nessie of Clear Lake Shores!!!

Most of you know that I asked the City for a copy of all records to and from Councilman Perkins concerning her investigation. I figure if she won’t tell us what she’s doing on our dime I’ll pull a bernie and look for myself. Well guess what? It’s in. I waded through the emails that were cleared by the attorneys and this is what I found. Back in April Councilman Perkins asked two questions
1.    “Who evaluates the position of the chief of Police in CLS?”
2.    “Which officer recently completed their training and quit (went to Kemah), or is that a rumor?
Both questions were answered by the City Secretary
1.    “It’s included with the City Admin. Evaluation”
2.    “Marcus Way, not a rumor”
You can exhale now. That’s all. yep. This is me not kidding. Hard to believe all this hooha is over that but that’s all I could find. The Texas AG is looking into the phone records to determine what can/should be released so when I get that I’ll share what I find right here. Is it just me? The only other blip was Ms. Perkins email to the City Attorneys about the agenda item followed by a “reminder” to all employees from the Mayors’ office that they can’t just run off and contact the City’s attorney’s willy-nilly. All contact must go through the Mayors’ office. It’s Rule 3. Conduct of Mayor and Council members. If I may “Individual Council members shall not give directives to members of staff either in or outside of Council meetings, except through the Mayor, or his/her designee.” Dated 9/21/2006 under K McIntyre’s administration. Scofflaw. Whatever shall we do? Please refer to Wednesday’s post………………..

Now here’s a handy form to have. For all you party throwers, this jpegs for you. Thanks to neighbor Tom for the conversion. Feel free to copy this but at least know it’s out there.

Both petitions are progressing nicely. If you haven’t had a chance now would be a good time to let your elected officials know what’s on your mind. Remember it all started with “We the People”. Get out your save our Chief signs and remember this is NOT over until you say so.

5 comments:

Roselyn Pierce said...

Thanks for pointing out that the Mayor has made it legal to play loud music in the park and irritate nearby neighbors with Jammin on Jarboe. I live 3 houses from the park and now have to plan to go out when the event occurs. I feel sorry for the complainers who have children, old or have to be at work the next morning who cant leave their homes. And yes, there was a great turn out for July 4th but the following sat. night there was another band that you could have heard the night before at T Bone Toms. I dont mind special occasions where my windows rattle and I can sing every word to every song inside my house, but sometimes its over the top with crappy loud music. Its similar to the aggrivation Skippers experiences by our City not having the appropriate places to have its parties......This is how I met Tami and Jackie 2 yrs. ago when they were running for office. Our group of loud music complainers asked them to help us with the problem. They appeared symathetic so there were several of us that voted for them because they were sympathetic then they voted to fund it once they were elected. Anyway, several of us have been complaining for a couple of years now, so this issue isn't over either. My sister called the police to come inside her house to hear it at 10:15 last saturday night and they said there was nothing they could do. Anyway, it goes back to the issue of being a good neighbor and I wonder if anyone at the park ever wonders if maybe someone doesn't want to hear that inside their home. It took us a year of complaining just to get the speakers turned toward the water. One fight at a time though. Looking forward to meeting you Saturday night at Tina's party.

Anonymous said...

Lady, sometimes I don't know what side of the fence your on!
Gee maybe we should stop Jammin on Jarboe. Hell for that matter maybe we should all stop having a good time here in CLS period!

David Chambers said...

I have never met you Roselyn and would like to. The Jammin party starts at 7PM Come party with us for an hour and let us get to know you. Surely 8PM is not too late.

Dave

PS anonymous posting are for people with no character.

Roselyn Pierce said...

Thank you Dave. I hope to meet you at Tina's Saturday. I party twice a week at Amadeus where it is air conditioned. BTW, About 20 years agoI had the first electric golf cart on the island and I had parties with bands and 100 plus people at our pool on 315 Clear Lake Rd. We did it once or twice a year though, not every month and sometimes every weekend. It was also just a one person band not a big band. Please understand, Its not the party that bothers me, its the loud noise INSIDE my house. And Mr. Anonymous I am not on either "side", just trying to help my friends Paul and Tina.

Roselyn Pierce said...

What a fantastic party for Tina tonight at Mark Massey's home. I met so many new people and it was all positive. I am soaking wet with sweat and not too happy about that but I will come to my first Jammin on Jarboe to show good will. Buzz Larrabee, our Mayor 25 years ago, was there tonight and said he would dance with me at Jammin, thats its a real "ho down"...whatever that is, sounds nasty to me, and I remember my buddy Imus in the Morning on MSNBC got fired for saying such things, but what the heck. Was also great meeting our candidate for Galveston County Sheriff John Pruett and his wife Karen. He has been in the Sheriff's office for 28 years and said it was his first and only job. Seemed like a very fine person. Our ex cop Bill Young who sued the city is also a candidate in the Galveston County Sheriff race.