IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Happy Birthday to


Wyatt! Our one and only is Eleven today. Happy Birthday son! Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon is on tap. Popcorn and a pickle for me!

I don’t know about you but I am liking these afternoon scattered showers. The shade keeps things from getting too hot and Lord knows we need the rain. Keep ‘em coming please.

The party is at Marks this Saturday. A going away/early retirement part from Tina Shelley. Everyone is asked to bring a dish. I’ll post the details tomorrow so stay tuned.
The petitions are moving right along with nearly 300 for the Chief and over a hundred for the recall. If you haven’t had a chance to visit either and express your opinion see yesterdays post for the links.

This is straight out of the headlines. Submitted by neighbor Jane. Please give a look.

Island Dog is looking for a new place to call home:
Hey Alan – I’m really trying to help find a home for Shiner – he’s a great dog!! ( I know him) and I feel so sorry for him cause Vito can’t take care  of him anymore since Ike………..and if you prefer to not put it on the blog, would you please send it out to your email contacts I would really appreciate any help that I can get!!  Thank you so much! 
Lezlie Smith  - 832-221-1233
Shiner – needs a good home!
Beautiful Black Male Lab
6-7years old
Neutered
Very laid back – has lived on the Island
Gets along well with other dogs and cats!



"The    word "genius" isn't applicable in football.  A
genius is  a guy like Norman Einstein."
--Joe  Theisman,  NFL football quarterback & sports  analyst.  

4 comments:

Bryan said...

Happy Birthday to Wyatt from the Hoerner Family!

David Chambers said...

Tina deserves a good party. She worked tirelessly for our island and it was a better place because of her.

Susan bragg said...

Happy Birthday Wyatt!!!!

Jennifer Moon said...

I posted Shiner on my FB page. I would take him, but with 3 labs already....David would kill me, ha.