IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Flying by......

 Special Civic Club meeting
Thursday July 7th
Meet on porch of Club House at 7 pm
For group PHOTOS taken during
STAIR CHAIR dedication
Followed by
PIZZA get-together (Pizza supplied by Civic Club)
and short meeting

On to fences....I personally met with Kimon last year to work out some of Skippers issues. We agreed 100% that the vendors using their parking lot was not right and worked with the market committee to stop that. I'm not sure threatening your customers is a great marketing strategy. I guess we'll just have to wait to see how that works out. I'm sorry they don't like competition but one of these days we'll have more business' back out front and what in the hell are they gonna do if one of them sells food for more than 4 hours a week. OMG! I can't tell you all how flattered I am being considered competition. Having been a Skippers customer for more years than I can remember I absolutely did not believe my breakfast tacos, as earth shaking as they are, would be so much as a blip on their register. And the first year of the market with all the over flow traffic and the lines waiting to get in their door no one is going to make me believe the market was not good for Skippers. Sorry. That dog don't hunt. Short version? Of course they can put up a fence. Provided they follow all the rules we have to when / if we decide that a fence will make us better neighbors. But signs and cops? John, Terry, from me to you, that off duty officer cost you more than I made last month and it was a good month.

Still no rain in sight. Don't forget about your pets. They need water too. 

No comments: