IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Final


This is what I would call an abuse of power under for cause -malfeasance. This is not the corner bakery where the
husband and wife work. This is a tax base salary paid public service department. The scripture says, "whoever is
faithful in little things will be faithful in greater things as well." We have unwittingly set up a fiefdom. I am a
City Council person and I have a duty to share these things with you.
Page 4
If we as council fail to do something about this -these officers will pay the price. There will be retribution for talking to me. We shouldn't let their lesson be to keep their mouths shut and go along or be fired/resign. This Is not the way our department should be run. My only reason for doing this is that I believe we can and should do something to make a change. This is not a problem to be ignored. Our City should not have to pay someone to do virtually nothing. cause constant animosity and fear among the officers, and feather their family nest at the City's expense.
I am not starting rumors, I am not telling you what I think -I am the messenger reporting to you what I have been told by members of his department past and present under tenuous conditions. When I first started the interviews I knew only the complaints of an officer's spouse to spark my curiosity. Now, after having spoken with 11 officers, and heard comments from another spouse of an officer now retired, the common theme in all their statements is "There is a big problem of unfairness and favoritism in the department and everybody knows it." This management style should not be tolerated. City Council should not allow these tactics to flourish just because we 'like' Paul Shelley. The turnover rate of our department speaks for itself. The officers have held their silence this long. We have the duty to set the department right. Our island is a great place to live and likewise, our police department should be a great place to work. It shouldn't matter who you wake up next to... The old song When a man loves a woman ...' is no excuse for blatant favoritism and nepotism in the workplace.
For all of this and in consideration for as much as I have heard from the officers I have spoken with, -I have a lack of confidence in Paul Shelley to lead the police department.
This is not something I have wanted to do. I have nothing to gain and I have nothing against Paul Shelley or Tina Shelley.
My interactions with both have always been cordial. But, this is not about my personal relationship with them. We are
dealing with more than just 2 lives -we also have to take into consideration the officers and their families who were
affected and are currently being affected by the actions of Paul Shelley. If Paul Shelley treated his department .as well as
his citizens we wouldn't be here tonight.
I have more details and info but I tried to hit the high points. I hope you get the picture.
Tami Perkins
This is where I stand next to Councilman Perkins. Our police department, hell, no organization, should be run like the one she envisions. It is not conducive to progress or good will. We, as a community need to stand shoulder to shoulder to make Clear Lake Shores the place everyone wants to be. Just like it has been for 30+ years and was up till about 7 weeks ago. I choose to believe that things are not as dire as Councilman Perkins has painted them. I also choose to believe, rightly or wrongly, this is the best place to live my life and raise my family. Council, I will do what I feel is necessary to meet those ends because as soon I believe there is a better place their will be a FSBO sign in my yard. As of this posting I believe we have a management problem. This issue could not possibly have been more mishandled and I am asking Council to look within for the source of this issue. Just think, If someone would have put on June 17ths agenda. “Discussion to separate Police Chief and City Admin duties” instead of “Discussion and possible action to dismiss….” But no one did. This tells me no one is THINKING! If you’re not thinking what the hell are you doing behind that desk. It’s time to step down before you do real damage. Sincerely.

10 comments:

Suzanne said...

Regarding pg. 4. You refer to management style, Tami, well did you ever think of sitting down and talking to the Paul about it? His management style is not a criminal offense.

I requested the Exec. Sessions documents and recieved over 8o pages to see facts and possible criminal charges. Yep, I read all of it. I had to read the 4 pages Allan put on the blog several times trying to make sense of it.

One document I have that Allan did not refer to yet, was the one from attorneys in Beaumont. Fact: The council called for a top notch investigation of Paul. It was Vern's responsibility to research and present a minimum of three investigation firms. You couldn't follow directions once again. You took it upon yourself to present to council a lawfirm out of Beaumont. I read all of the information provided by them and the other law firms. I find it odd that your firm was cheapest at $150.00 an hour. It makes me wonder if you had some connection to them.

Suzanne said...

Allan, for the first time I disagree with you. You asked her to step down before she does real damage. She has done real damage already and we do not know what is next.

If she does not resign now that her feeble comments are out there I think there is more damage to come.

Tami, I have contacted an attorney. The residents can remove you from council. There are other lawsuits coming your way, too.

Resign. Resign now. I won't continue talking to the attorney if you do. Perhaps other won't. Can't speak for them.

Anonymous said...

WTF? A Beaumont firm? How many times can she NOT follow procedures? Is there a magic number before she gets a reprimand? Certainly Al and / or Richard can put something on the agenda for her to be reprimanded for not following procedures on her OWN friggin investigation. Come on guys put something on the agenda. Her actions waisted time and slowed down the selection of a firm. I bet Vern had to address / correct/ redirect/ put aside/ her crap ONCE AGAIN due to her not following procedures. It may not pass but I honestly just want someone to say it out loud. I was one of the many residents waiting that Saturday. Do you mean to tell me we had to wait an extra 5 - 10 mins while she had to talk about her Beaumont firm and Vern had to do his disciplining and refocusing. Arlene had to be frustrated by it also. I bet she would vote with the two of you on it. Something tells me she will end up realizing Tami is incompetent. Or take the lead Arlene - put it on the agenda. PLEASE SOMEONE DO IT. PLEASE!

Anonymous said...

This is all: hearsay and mgmt. style. The TCLOSE reprimand is old news. What I read and reread cannot possibly be the basis for an investigation costing 8 - 11K. If the investigation turns out as lame as these complaints there is no telling what the majority of the citizens are going to do. I do not mean that as a threat at all. I am trying to imagine their reactions. Aghast again. What is the worst thing that can happen? Perhaps the city will have to sell the property on 2094 and a CVS is built.

Anonymous said...

I just reread Tami's complaint AGAIN. I noticed how she seemed to feel it necessary to quote scripture. I would like to offer a quotation myself. "do unto others as you would have others do unto you". How's it feel Tami!!!!!

Anonymous said...

bazinga!!!! now what TP

Anonymous said...

According to Tami's complaint, "I have more details and info but I tried to hit the high points. I hope you get the picture."

You call these high points? They are beyond low points, in fact, they are no points. The only thing with any merit is old and was dealt with. Paul was reprimanded and CLS residents are not concerned -plus he secured the FEMA grant.

I get the picture. You do not have a clue. You do know how to violate laws. You have proven yourself incapable of following procedures. You have no credibility due to your poor choices. Like many citizens here, I sure hope you resign prior to Tues. There is going to be one long line of unscheduled visitors coming your way. In two weeks there will be scheduled visitors you will have to address. Are you capable of doing that, Tami? Get out now.

Anonymous said...

If there's more details, why is it taking MONTHS to find them out. Obviously it's nothing criminal or they would have been beating down the DA's door.

Anonymous said...

It is all BS. No points. Whining cops. It would be hilarious but it is so tragic. Do I understand the FACTS correctly, TP never turned in her eval of our chief? Yet she caused so much drama? Can someone on CC name one thing she has done correctly? Mayor, can you name one thing? She needs a public reprimand.

Anonymous said...

Good news! It may not take weeks to get the results of the investigation! That is good since we are running out of patience, the less time it takes the less the tax payers have to pay AND once the results are public we can charge at Tami full steam ahead! I am assuming the results will be as pathetic as Tami's complaints.