IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 25th


The Islander will be delivered this Friday. Make sure you look through it for the latest club news and calendar.

Jammin’ on Jarboe is ready to kick off. As soon as I get the schedule from Dennis I’ll post it but I think we’re on for the first Saturday in June. Watch this space  for more.

Heard the new jingle on the radio? Texas’ new seat belt law says every body in the vehicle has to be belted. Yes the back seat too. Remember when they said that if it was made in to law then our insurance would go down because there would be less injury? Everyone who had their insurance premiums go down raise your hand. Uh-Huh. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing I just think we’re stepping on mother natures’ toes by mandating seat belts. Let the Darwinian theory play out. A little chlorine in the gene pool is a good thing. Culling the herd and all that.

Wal-Mart is reporting a run on XL Ladies garments. Wonder what’s up with that? The Drag Race is on for Sunday just before sunset at the park. Be there or be square. I sure hope someone brings jello shots Nancy/Shanna……

It’s time for pool membership renewal. The membership runs from May 1st to April 30th.

Ready or not… Hurricane season starts one week from today. Time to review your plan. Be it a ride out strategy or an evacuation plan. Time to give it a dry run. Ask Lee how his ride out plan worked for Ike.

No comments: