IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 17th already


MJ informed me there were too many trailers at our address. One had to go. We use the utility trailer for market and obviously the boat isn’t going anywhere. I guess it’s time for the Team BBQ pit to go back. The beast has been living behind my little shop since Ashly’s birthday party last year. I kinda liked it back there but “she who must be obeyed”  has veto power. I got it all hooked up and dusted off, arranged to meet John so off I go. About half way up the Kemah bridge I hear all this ruckus going on behind me. The pickup behind me scoots over to the far right and the little car in the left lane is dancing all around the bridge. I have both eyes glued on my mirrors to see what the heck is going on and make sure I’m not losing a ton and a half of steel going up the bridge. All appears OK but I’m still not sure. At the bottom of the bridge the pickup pulls up beside me, rolls his window down and with a very tense, for lack of a better word, smile says that brick almost hit my truck. I heard what he said but between trying to figure out where in the hell a brick came from and trying to register the fact that this was my buddy Grant all the synapse’ weren’t connecting. What the hell are you talking about? What brick? Where did it come from ? He said he didn’t see exactly where it came from but he was fairly familiar with bricks and was certain the large pieces flying toward his truck were from the concrete family. My mind raced all around the pit a dozen times. I used my broom to brush leaves off the work bench, I swept the top of the firebox, the damned thing is round so nothing was on top and I hand cranked it to my Jeep and there was nothing on the trailer tongue. A blank. On my way home I was pondering the creativity of several 10 year olds and mulling the possibilities they hid something underneath. I got back to the house and was relating the story of near calamity to my wife. When I finished she looked at me and asked “you put that stupid brick on your smokestack to keep the rain out, you forgot to take it off didn’t you? Damn!  Sorry Grant.

No comments: