IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Last day of May


Well for all intents and purposes it was a great weekend. With the Maestro’s guiding eye we managed to cook up about 200 lbs of crawfish and serve it to about 75 hungry folks. Munchkins not included. Afterwards please know that I reminded Coonie that y’all showed up for his mudbugs as much as our party. B, couldn’t/wouldn’t do it without you. Thanks to everyone for coming out MJ and I had a ball.
The 7th annual Clear Lake Shore Drag Race was a hit. We had a record setting 24 contestants and the biggest crowd I have ever seen at Lowell Brown Sundial Park. This years winner went to technical off islander but I think he was officially adopted several years ago. Inetta dear, your rock! See you at Big Lots!! Pictures are slow to trickle in but rest assured they will be here as I get them so check back often.
Civic Club meeting is this Thursday. If you haven’t been in a while now would be a great time to get reacquainted. The party season is just getting cranked up YOUR club is always looking for new ideas.
Here’s a BIG HEADS UP FOR ALL WHO WERE AT TODDS party after the race. “While at Todd's party, our camera went missing.  Can you please send out a message to everyone to check their cameras to make sure they have the right one...Ours is a Sony DSC-H55 small, black hand-held camera. There are pics of drag race on it as well as quite a few sunset pics.  It can be returned to 217 E. Shore if anyone does find it...”
A shout out to my cousin Jim. The Right Reverent Jim Batchelor hits the double nickel today. Happy Birthday Cuz. And yes, I still have the pictures…….
A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good”

No comments: