IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, May 19, 2011

It's Thor’s Day



A little something to brighten your day…
Even though you can’t see my tongue, believe me when I say it is firmly in my cheek.
Top 10 grossest food defects the FDA deems safe for humans
10. Chocolate: Any 100-gram sample contains three or more rodent hairs (a typical chocolate bar is about 40 grams)
9. Broccoli (frozen): Average of 60 or more aphids and/or mites per 100 grams
8. Popcorn: One or more rodent excreta pellets are found in one or more subsamples
7. Cherries (fresh, frozen or canned): Average of seven percent or more pieces are rejects due to rot
6. Oregano (ground): Average of 1,250 or more insect fragments per 10 grams
5. Raisins (golden): 10 or more whole or equivalent insects and 35 fruit fly eggs per eight ounces.
4. Strawberries (frozen): Average mold count of 45% or more
3. Red fish and Ocean Perch: 3% of the fillets examined contain 1 or more copepods accompanied by pus pockets
2. Mushrooms (canned): Average of over 20 or more maggots of any size per 100 grams
1. Fig paste: Contains 13 or more insect heads per 100 grams
Courtesy of the SciGuy in the Chronicle.

No comments: