IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It’s National Start Walking Day!


No problems with walking here, as a matter of fact I do it daily. It’s running I can’t make work. I think it’s bad and I’ve said for years you don’t know anybody big enough to make me run. That said, this Saturday at Stewart Elementary there is a 5k Fun Run. Now there’s an Oxymoron if ever there was one. If running was fun how come none of them are smiling when they go by? I digress. The 5th grade will be offering bbq sandwiches, chopped beef or pulled pork and baked potatoes as part of their class fundraiser. It’s to raise money for the lil’ darlings class trip at the end of the year. So even if you don’t run come on by for a quick lunch. It’s for a good cause. I’m doing he beef, Bryan is doing the pork and jim is making his absolutely AWESOME baked potatoes. I’ve been baking potatoes for 40 years and after I had one of Jims I stole his recipe. Yes they are that good.
Word has it Council did something at last night’s meeting. They passed a budget for the Jammin’ on Jarboe concerts. YEAH! For those newbies out there Jammin’ is a concert, sponsored by the City at our very own Jarboe Bayou Park pavilion. It is usually on the first Saturday of the month and it features local talent from the around the bay area. Dennis Roberson has been heading it up and has been doing a great job. WOOHOO Dennis let’s get this show on the road. Let me know what I can do.
Happy Birthday Twinkie you don’t look a day over 81. How time flies. I think Woody Allen said “ time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana” 
 
Picnic time
Come on out to the Stewart Elementary Fun Run & Family Picnic this Saturday, April 9 @ 10:00am!
9:00am - Race Day Registration
10:00am - 2 Mile Run / Walk
10:45am - Family Picnic, Bake Sale & Games

2 Mile Fun Run entry $15/individual or $40/family.  T-shirt included in entry.
Trophies for top runners, ribbons, games & more!  Show us what you're made of!

Not a runner?  Come out for a fabulous lunch & baked goods provided by our 5th Grade parents & students! 
And all games are free to play!

Family Picnic & Bake Sale proceeds will benefit the 5th Grade Boat Trip!

Donations for the 5th Grade bake sale are needed!
 Volunteers, too!  Set up begins at 8am at Stewart Elementary!  Help us get our fitness on!
00365234.gif
A huge thank you to Priscilla Duffy, Adrienne Viterna, Diana Hoerner, Lori Dunn, Mrs. Moses & Coach Middlebrooks for making this all happen! 
And WOW to the Stewart Elementary teachers & staff for giving their time this weekend to help us all out:
Geralyn Kiser
Helen Mayo
Sue Christoffersen
Teresa Medrano
Ruth Kite
June Sneider
Xochitl Martin
Cynthia Price
I hope I didn't forget anyone!
Food, Fun & Fitness!  What a great way to start the weekend!

No comments: