IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It's Administrative Professionals Day! Who knew?

and a happy birthday to U. S. Grant.

Shuttle Endeavour lifts off for her final flight on Friday. I know it’s spelled funny. Just so you know, it was spelled in the English fashion as a tribute to the famous English explorer James Cook. His research ship was named Endeavour. I know they spell some things weird but they did invent the language so who am I to argue. Don’t get me started on aluminum. Back to our Endeavour (OV105) When she gets decommissioned she will head to, and I quote “a city known well known for its long and storied involvement with the shuttle program…” no, not Houston you dumbass, L.A…….WTF? oh well……
City Council meeting Tuesday at 7

Civic Club meeting on Thursday the 5th

Time to renew your pool membership. Get your new pool tags and gate code. Membership runs from May 1 to May 1.
   Mother’s  Mothers Day on the 8th. What are you doing that’s special? I’m
                 looking for ideas…..not for my mother for my son’s  
  mother.
  A man was telling his neighbor “I just bought a new hearing aid.
  It cost me four thousand dollars, but it’s state of the art. It’s
  perfect.”  “Really” asked the neighbor, “What kind is it?”
  “Twelve thirty.”
 This from new neighbors on Forest between Pine and Clear Lake rd, Craig and Melinda Metz. 
 My sis found this little kitten sweetie. Appears to be about 3.5 - 4 weeks old . Both my sis and I would take her in a heartbeat, but we both have cat aggressive cats. We have a place for this
  precious peanut for another 2-3 weeks, but she'll need a good home then. We'll pay for Vet
  assessment, Feline Leukemia test and complete first set of vaccinations, as well as the
  spaying (when she's old enough).  Will you be so kind to broadcast this to our island  
  friends?  Thanks, (PS I have her phone number if you’re interested)

 If you voted for Obama to prove you’re not a racist, will you vote
  for someone else in 2012 to prove you’re not an idiot?

No comments: