IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Birthday to.....


The Hubble Space Telescope It was deployed by the Shuttle Discovery in 1990. Discovery (OV-103) you may recall, has recently been assigned her permanent birth at the Air & Space Center out by Dulles Airport in Virginia. Not Houston.
Everyone have a great Easter? Really, What’s not great about Easter? Great time with great friends, awesome food, perfect weather. Sign me up for 6 more months of this.
Have you seen Eric’s (Your Artist) Klusendorf’s latest venture? I hope I didn’t butcher your name too bad Eric. I’ll keep a running commentary here with photos when I can get them but I won’t tell you where. Get off yer butt and go find it.……..
but here's a clue
Early voting starts next week. Here’s a question for your future council members. What do you think about the Farmer’s Market? Pro? Con? I don’t remember that coming up at candidates night. Here’s another question for Council, Are they getting any sales tax revenue from the used car lot? It’s a business that is selling a product for a fee. Space is a product. It will never replace the Beer Garden but apparently nothing will. I guess we’re SOL on Okies old site….
Island Wide Garage Sale is May 14th. If you haven’t signed up yet you need to get by the Hoerners and get your address registered.
I guess next is a crawfish boil. I’ll start shopping for prices but they need to come down from $2.49 a lb.
*      April is National Distracted Driving Awareness Month and TxDOT is launching the “Talk. Text. Crash.”  Campaign to raise awareness of the dangers associated with distracted driving and to encourage Texans to put down their cell phones while driving

SPF 90 in play

No comments: