IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Bud!


The FOD Chili cook-off is this weekend over at Johnson Space Center. You enter off Space Center Dr at the Gilruth Center entrance. Tickets are $10 at the gate and it’s live music, all you can eat and drink all day long. I’ve called this the best kept secret on the bay for 20 years. Tons of stuff for kids big and little. If  you’ve never been, treat yourself. Take your Rolaids, chair and lots of energy.
Bird Update from Eric the Artist
 No update on the wayward woodpecker.....

A woman visited a plastic surgeon who told her about a
 new procedure called 'The Knob,' where a small
knob is placed at the top of the woman's head and
could be turned to tighten up her skin and produce the
effect of a brand new face-lift. Of course, the woman
wanted 'The Knob.'
Over the course of the years, the woman tightened the knob,
and the effects were wonderful, the woman remained young
looking and vibrant.
After fifteen years, the woman returned to the surgeon with
two problems.
'All these years, everything has been working just
fine. I've had to turn the knob many times and
I've always loved the results. But now I've
developed two annoying problems: First, I have these
terrible bags under my eyes and the knob won't get rid
of them.'
The doctor looked at her closely and said, 'Those
aren't bags, those are your breasts.'
She said, 'Well, I guess there's no point in
asking about the goatee.'

No comments: