IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ides of March


What a typically beautiful spring day on the Texas coast. A tad chilly on the drive in but we’re talking upper 70’s later. I even got to meet someone new this morning. Officer Hays of the Lakeview Police Department was kind enough to point out my expired inspection sticker. Way expired. My bad. If you absolutely have to get a ticket though that was the way to get. Officer Hays was professional, courteous and just enough levity thrown in to keep a smile on my face. I wanted to ask him why he wasn’t in South Padre Island for spring break like the rest of the post pubescent pimple factories but thought better of it. He had a gun. You know you’re getting old when the cops start looking like kids……
Andrew Jackson’s birthday today. 7th President of the US of A and the very same guy on the twenty dollar bills I need three more of for a keg at the Jerk-a-thon this Saturday. Anybody?.....cricket noise here……
Latest from Jerky central,
 Turn in from 5:45 to 6:30.  Then we judge.  Winner announced at 7:30
 We will have Jello Shots and I assume a Keg.  Need to figure out music.
 We need help with Tables, chairs and set up and
 SPREADING THE WORD!!!!!!!!!

No comments: