IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick’s Day

Have I mentioned how much I hate poison ivy?
Looks like it’s a BYOB event for the Jerk-off Saturday. We’re still a couple of Andy Jacksons shy so make sure you pack your cooler. Shanna Mac you’re going to have to find something else for the beer girls to do. Thanks to those who offered. Sounds like there are going to be half a dozen different entries including some of Glen’s home made. Yum! I got mine shipped in yesterday. I’m trying to keep MJ from eating it all. Turn in starts at 5:30.
Aaaaand there off!. Arline Laughter, Dennis Roberson and Al Burns are running for the two council seats and the Mayor is unopposed. The CAVE people have managed to stifle progress for almost a year. It will be interesting to see if we as a city can manage to do nothing for another year. Hurricane Ike put a whoopin’ on us a city and we haven’t managed to recover yet. Well, to be fair we do have two new empty lots on 2094. Nice place for a used car lot. Anyone ever read the City Council minutes? Seems to me there are a whole lot of “No Action Taken” stamps under New Business. But on the Pool Furniture? Really? No Action Taken? What crap. Vote yes or no. Maybe it’s just me.

No comments: