IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Happy Birthday to Eric Clapton. Huge fan here.


Happy Days are here again! The best damn burger in Galveston county is back! Joe Lee’s Seafood Kitchen is finally set up to crank out the world famous South Shore Beer Garden’s mouth watering burgers and such. Dang! I can not WAIT to get mine…..oooooohhhh and the Philly?! YUM! You can get the whole scoop at www.joelees.com Welcome back bacon, mushroom & Swiss, we missed you.

Bunny update….Some folks on Pine, next to the Wessels’, are interested in adopting the abandoned black and white rabbit. I have an APB out on them and if no one speaks up I’m hooking them up with Amos for the hand off. Speak now or forever hold your pellets.

A couple of articles in local papers are letting everyone know that it’s spring time and that means hibernation is over for a our slithering neighbors. Proof in the pudding was the 5 foot alligator trying to get under the bridge Saturday. He was very shy and kept backing up as more folks stopped to get a pic. I got a crappy one but what the hell I don’t have a camera just a crappy phone. Karen Russell may have snapped a better shot, I think she had a real camera. Good enough for the Islander Karen? Back to the story, keep a weather eye out for snakes. You know they are there. Ian brought one over to Wyatt just last week while he was refurbing his flower beds. This one was just a little grass snake but his bigger nastier cousins are out there. Pay attention to your wood piles when you’re ready to fire up the smoker….

What's the difference between a southern zoo and a northern zoo?
A northern zoo has a description of the animal on the cage...  A southern
zoo includes a recipe.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I don't think my gator pic is good enough for the Islander, but it's probably okay for your blog. ;-) I'll try and send it