IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Onwards- top down

Who knew a chocolate hangover would last so long.... glad Valentines Day is behind us. If Puxatony Phil is right it'll be spring in another 30 days and with weather like this looks like he pegged it. Well it started at sunset and while I'm fairly certain it's not my fault (this time) I'm blaming Dave. There ya have it. I'm not sure how it got started but its a safe bet we were looking for something to get into like the middle aged 10 year olds we are. Someone, I won't name any names but his initials are Dave Chambers, started in on the best beef jerky in the world coming from the Best Stop. Lord knows I'm a huge Best Stop fan and even have their web site marked but for my money Kaspars Meat market in Weimer it the bullseye. Well! That got it off and rolling so watch this space for the event that I am hesitant in naming the Jerk Off. Oh yeah. That's when the whole conversation started going down hill like a pig on ice skates. To all those tender soles out there, man up. SO. Moving right along... all contestants will get enough of their entry to share with a few judges and we'll take it from there. If you think you know where the best jerky comes from and want to put your meat where your mouth is we'd love to have you. catch us at sunset or drop us a line. Watch this space for more info. Lets the puns begin.
This from Ronnie....

Kelly McGuire’s Songwriter Series
“Up Close & Personal”
Friday, February 18th
Butler’s Courtyard
With Special Guest
Larry Joe Taylor
Tickets $20
Contact Sandy Records at 713-857-1346
for tickets and information

No comments: