IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Friday, February 25, 2011

Happy Go Texan Day!


What a beautiful February day! Except for the damn mosquitoes. If that’s the price we have to pay for this weather I guess I’ll take it. Well, Orbiter Discovery launched on her final mission yesterday. After 24 years in the biz I still not only watch but still get goose bumps watching a launch. I’ll bet I’m no the only one that holds their breath until that 73 second mark is passed either. Neighbor Bruce Harkins had ring side seats for the launch. Rock on Bruce. We got to see Discovery in ’09 courtesy of Shuttle Commander Hobaugh’s son Nick. Shaboom! There are only two launches left so if you’ve never seen one now is the time to plan a vacation on the Space Coast. 1 each for Endeavour and Atlantis. I wonder whats next……
Only 17 days til we roll the clocks forward. That scoots sunset out to 7:20 ish.
We need 3 more folks to donate a $20 for adult beverages at the Jerk-Fest. See Dave or me. Larry and Paul Garner are on board so far.
Concealed Handgun Course on Sunday, Feb 27th at The Arm's Room from 800am to 630pm.
Imagine the ability and RESPONSIBILITY of carrying a loaded handgun on your person as well as over 30 States.
 All you need to bring is your UNLOADED handgun, 50 rounds of ammo, drivers license and your payment. The Arm's Room offers gun rental and ammo.
 The cost of the course is 100 dollars per person and includes photos, range fees, targets, notary and classroom instruction. You will need to have your fingerprints done electronically. We will go over this more in class. I would recommend filing your CHL application online with DPS, the website is below.
www.thearmsroomtx.com

No comments: