IslandDrumz

Welcome to our little slice of paradise! Clear Lake Shores is probably one of the best kept secrets in the entire Bay Area. Yes we are an island. We are surrounded by Clear Lake, Jarbo Bayou and the Lazy Bend canals. Plug this in to Google Maps and you'll see what I mean 29.32' by 95.01' We are about half way between Galveston Island and the city of Houston and located in north Galveston county. I will try to keep us up on all the goings on that we can walk, boat, bike or drive our golf carts to. Very few things pi$$ me off but one of them is wasting my precious time. I'll try not to waste yours. Enjoy. ab

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Another beautiful winter day


For those who may stumble across this blog and don’t live here it’s mostly sunny and almost 60. All in all not bad for the middle of winter. Wednesday is shaping up to be crap but it looks like a nice weekend. Have you contacted Allen Cruthirds yet about helping with ManCakes? Ladies, you do understand, that for this event, you are allowed to volunteer your man right? Karma. Big K. Next on the agenda will be the Mardi Gras Golf Cart Parade. I’ll go ahead and say that’s not until March but then I’ll add that’s only 3 Weekends away…… Jim Adams was telling me about an Osprey he spotted here around the lake. Not just the Osprey but then about the Eagle that took the Osprey’s fish away from him! How cool is that? I am 99% certain I spotted possibly the same Osprey in the vicinity of Lakewood on my drive home. I would like to see an Eagle. Oooooo. That reminded me about the CLS Bird Hunt. Anyone remember the Island Bird Hunt? Anyone interested in heading that up this year? I had a hoot (pun intended) at the last one and we got some great picks. If you don’t remember I think Paula won with 22 or so different species? Or something like that. If you’re interested let me know or better yet haul your butt up to the club house at the next meeting and bring it up. Could be fun….. more on our feathered friends here http://www.galvestonfeatherfest.com/
In case you haven’t noticed, way over there à and down some is an Odds & Ends title. It’s a mini want ads section and it’s for us.
For you boaters out there who are interested in a different take on things you might want to check out Salty John’s Blog. A point of view from across the pond. For those who don’t know, It’s Melinda’s dad John. Drop by and say hi. I hear they’re going to come by for a visit in the fall.
We put in a rain water harvesting system and organic irrigation system. Used to call it a rain barrel….come by and check it out.

No comments: